Blonds are getting a bad rap.

Yes, I am a California girl with blond hair and blue eyes...

Naturally! I am this way because of my heritage. Not artificially. I have seen many people accusing blondes of being "Bimbos" and "Airheads". Personally, this frustrates me along with every other stereotype. Although, I do know that all stereotypes are based somewhat on truth. I just want to know who screwed it up for us. Lol.

I guess I am just ranting...

Most Helpful Guy

• i personally think the whole dumb blond stereyotype came around with the introduction of playboy, lots of girls getting through life on their looks and the majority of them were blonde.

makes sense and why should we care about stereyotypes, I'd say that muslims and arabs have it way worse than blondes at the moment, ("oh sh*t is he gonna blow us up?")

ps; I'm not racist ;D

• Oh, I am not saying that is a nearly as serious as racial stereotypes. Especially with Muslims and Arabs.

And Good to know:]

• You know what's funny? He called himself a blond.. correctly.. then corrected himself (or wronged himself) by saying he meant he was a blond. Blond is the male version.. Blond is the girl version.. He had it right with blond.. then changed it to blond. q: But it's okay.. I often don't pay attention to it either.. and switch from spelling it blond and blond all the time.

What Guys Said 6

• Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton, Anna Nicole Smith.

Thinking back in time, I believe Marilyn Monroe was the one who set the whole blond thing off.

• The stereotype comes from movies, the media, Hollywood coverage of blondes who get in trouble (Paris, Brittney, etc.) and the resulting silly blond jokes.

• It's just a general stereotype, most of them have little-to-no basis. I wouldn't let it bother you.

Your grammar to me says a lot more about you than a stereotype. Properly structured sentences instead of a constant run-on paragraph make me happy.

• Most of the blondes I know are pretty intelligent and deep

Sadly there are girls that dye their hair blond and act slutty because of the current trends here in cali... and then even worse are the natural blondes that try to be Kesha

Anyways its a real problem here so rant on :D

• Thanks pal:] Lol.

So what's your problem with Kesha?

• That song "blah blah blah" lol

catchy song, but pretty much shows everything that's wrong with girls here.. too shallow

Ill stick to radiohead and audio slave :p

• Understandable. Lol.

And Good choices:]

• Blondes are my fav.

Bonus if your a Cali girl

• Most blondes I know went to, or aspire to, go to USC. Home of the blond "bimbo".

• Oh come on, every blond you know goes to USC? You must not get out much.

• No, that's why I wrote "most". I also live in California home to nearly every celebrity blonde.

What Girls Said 5

• Oh come on, it's all in good fun. I mean, I'm a blond haired blue eyed girl as well, but I haven't gotten anyone seriously knocking me for it. Sure there are the blond, brunette, and redhead jokes, but they're just jokes. That's a big stereotype, but it's also widely known as a stereotype, not the truth. I don't think I've ever met anyone who seriously thinks someone is dumber because they're blonde.

• You need to visit cali then, it's common, and sadly justified because of how these girls act

• Hm, I guess maybe that's just me that hasn't run into that problem then. I'm sorry if people actually take that seriously... Don't take them seriously, haha, they're clearly idiots.

• Haha.

No worries:]

• I'm going to be honest.

I know many natural blondes and I know many "fake" blondes,brunettes who died their hair blonde.BOTH try to live up to the blond bimbo,ditsy stereotype.I used to believe that "fake" blondes gave natural blondes a bad reputation,but now that I've met many more blondes,I can see where the stereotype comes from.I doubt it's genetic,it's a choice.It's a choice to play dumb,play ditsy and it only adds fuel when blondes refer to their brain farts as "blonde moments"

No NOT ALL blondes live up to the stereotype,but many do.It isn't cute nor funny and I actually feel bad for blondes who get labeled as such.

• i know how you feel, I have naturally blond hair and blue/green eyes, I'm tall and a thin with a body. in school men would think I'm just a bimbo or a dumb blond. I got so frustrated I dyed my hair black and I wear glasses instead of contacts. I believe the stereo types came from around the time of hair bands and trends. I don't remember the magazine but I read something like Men preferring blond over dark haired woman for other hairy reasons. id like to know why my self. stereotypes are annoying =)

• because of how terrible your spelling is

• I'm gonna be honest here, but I do know a lot of guys and girls who think blondes are dumber and also more bubbly. There's this girl at my school who's blond (naturally), and she's dumb on the streets and in school, and everyone knows it. And she has a barbie doll personality going on.

And I think TV shows and movies have something to do with this stereotype, because the blond is normally the dumb, really bubbly one, while the brunette is usually more down to earth.