Difference between cute and hot?

okay.. what is the difference between cute and hot? I get told I'm cute all the time. but is being cute better than being hot? how do you guys tell the difference? what makes a girl cute or hot? answers to these would be fantastic! thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Cute tends to specifically single out the features of the face and sometimes the mannerisms of the person in question, whereas "hot" includes the entire body -normally without including mannerisms etc-

What Guys Said 4

• The simplest way I can put it is that cute puts a smile on your face, while hot invokes an evil grin.

• they both mean your attractive

but in different ways

cute to me means innocent in my eyes; and is a fun kinda silly girl

what hot means to me is trying to show off and succeeding in it

• Cute is better than hot like what snackeyg said.

• Cute means attractive + want to date

Hot means attractive + want to f***

Cute is better.

What Girls Said 4

• From my experience, girls that are called 'hot', are usually tall and have good bodies. Even though if to me they have a hideous face, bad skin, big nose, or ugly teeth, guys who think that women are 'hot' is the way that they present themselves clothing-wise and their BODY.

I've always been called cute, and I believe that when I describe other girls cute, I mean pretty, and also I am describing what their face portrays to me. For example, rachel bilson is cute, but paris hilton is hot. Who do you think is more attractive? Of course rachel bilson.

However, a cute girl can transform into a hot girl by putting more make up and dressing more sexy, but a hot girl, no matter how much she tries, only can portray 'cute' in her personality.

Moreover, I don't like to be called HOT. makes me feel like a stuff toy that dogs want to hump.

• Lmao! that last part was funny! haha. and thanks. that made me feel better :) haha.

• A guy calling you cute- hot in a nicer way, sweet pretty innocent but still hot! Being cute is a good thing!

A parent/friend calling you cute-you look pretty sweet and innocent.

A guy calling you hot- means he is into you sexually and thinks your sexy and has a nice body.

When someone calls you cute it's because you are:) and they are saying your pretty and sweet looking. They care enough to say cute not hot!

• Thanks for asking this I wondering the same thing. My boyfriend mostly if not always calls me cute and sometimes he will call me hot and I was starting wonder if I should be worried but looking at this I shouldn't be :)

• cute is attractive in an innocent way and hot is attractive in a slutty way..