Ok, what is up with the "bubble dress"?

I see these things in the VS catalog and can't understand who or why any fashionable woman would wear one. They even make Victorias Secret models look like the fruit of the loom guys. Can anyone explain the appeal to me?

Most Helpful Girl

• hahahaha Fruit of the Loom remeber that my God lol.

Ok basically WE LOVE THE 80s and them dresses are very 80=vintage=cool cats ;)

plus they make skinny girls look like they have a little more weigh.small girls a little more height.heavy girls have more curves so they pretty much suit everyone!

also they can be worn in the day or at night or both = were ready twice as fast as we only need to change our shoes and hair and hay presto shopping out fit = great night out outfit meaning you guys no longer need wait 4 hours for your girl to get ready ! They appeal to many people in oh so may ways my friend :)

x

• LOL, never really thought about it that way, but isn't that true of all dresses? I guess I can see where it would make skinny girls look a little more full, but you can throw any dress on in a few minutes.... it the makeup that takes forever:)

• Too Funny!!!!!

• Yay best answer :D lolol x

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on the kind of person you are. While I don't like them either, lots of my friends adore them. They love the way it feels and makes them look good. They have their own taste in clothing and we have ours but this choice is also influenced by the media along with what's in and what's out - aka - some people will wear it just because the celebs or the models wear them.

• I guess, I just think the way it closes down at the bottom looks really weird. It seems to work on tops but on dresses it looks like a drawstring bag.

• If it's in style, someone will wear it.

I don't really like them. But the way a dress is cut can minimize or highlight a certain feature, and I'm sure the bubble dress is no different.

• I guess that's true, pretty sad. I love womens fashion and there are a lot of things I'm not fond of (like retro styles), but this one I just don't get.

• I think they are very cute. They are casual/beachy. I would pair them with gladiator sandals. Different strokes for different folks! =)

• If you say so, I just don't agree and I'm betting most guys don't either. Of course a cute girl can make up for a fashion faux paux:)

• Everyone's got their own thing, I guess. And like Cool-Relax said, if it's in style people will definitely wear it. I'm sure the trend will end soon enough:)

• LOL, I didn't even know it was a trend... just thought it was a "bad" fashion option:)

• lol.same with those freaking baby doll shirts.they make you look preggo.

What Guys Said 1

• I agree. Who dreamed these things up? Unflattering, and about as sexy as an empty coffee can. Yuk.