Would I be considered "high maintenance"?

I buy most my clothes at the mall, and always look for sales. sometimes I will buy from target or the goodwill. I don't own anything designer except for this one purse I received as a gift. I pay a lot for hair, skin, and makeup products but only because I have dry frizzy hair and sensitive acne prone skin. It takes me awhile to get ready but as I mentioned before I have to cover my acne (working to make it go away for good) and beat my frizzy hair into submission. I only eat out maybe a few times a month and it's at places where my portion comes to $15 or less. I always offer to pay for myself and only let guys pay for me if I offer first and they insist on paying. I don't expect gifts or anything.

i ask because my guy friends say I'm high maintenance since I spend a lot of time and money on my hair and skin. I explained to them what I explained above but they still say that makes me high maintenance. I say it makes me a normal girl with bad genetics.

what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are different types of high maintenance girls. Some take a lot of money to keep satisfied. That doesn't sound like you. Some take a lot of time and attention to keep satisfied. Some take a lot of draining emotional energy to keep satisfied. Not enough info here to know if either of those fit you or not.

What Guys Said 6

• These guys sound like they have never had a girlfriend. That is not high maintenance. What makes a girl high maintenance are those things that, as the boyfriend, I would have to do to make you happy. And, all of the things that others in general have to do to make you happy. Sounds like you have very few expectations of others. So, you are the opposite of high maintenance, or no maintenance at all.

• I definitely wouldn't call you high maintenance. You care about your appearance and that's perfectly normal. I wish a lot of the guys I knew cared even a little bit about their own appearance.

• I would say the guys who you talk to don't have a clue. Given what you said you are a very, very long way from high maintenance. Wait til these guys date a girl who really is high maintenance!

• no...i wouldn't call that high maintenance at all...as a matter of fact, based on what you just described, I would say you are quite the opposite.

• I don't agree with your guy friends - nothing in your question suggests you're high maintenance, and if anything, your details suggest you are "lower than average" maintenance.

Forget what guys say, particularly the negative stuff. Focus on what's important to you - your hygiene, your health, your confidence.. Acne and frizzy hair are part of life, and any mature guy will know and recognize this..

• no, high maintenance is usually really expensive or over-the-top products and services

What Girls Said 3

• Not at all. It's okay to splurge on a few things that are a necessity. For you, that necessity is for your hair, skin, and make up.The really good products that actually work just happen to be more money. If you were to spend obscene amounts of money on clothes, jewelery, shoes, restaurants, etc and expect nothing but luxury, you believe that you deserve only the top notch stuff, and think less of people with less money... then you'd be high maintenance but you definitely don't seem like that at all so don't worry about.

• sweety you're not high maintenance :)

don't worry about what they say

• your guy friends are dumb lol. you could spend $300 a week on hair and skin products if you pay for it yourself how are you high maintanence? and if that does make you high maintanence why would that be a bad thing? its your money you don't need other people's approval.

and by the way stop offering to pay for yourself...if a guy wants to take you out let him pay.