Do guys prefer long hair to short hair on girls?

In every movie that I've seen, the "pretty girl" has long hair. Even in real life, all the girls at my school have at least shoulder length (or even elbow length) hair, while very few have shorter than shoulder length. Do guys really see a difference? Would you date a girl with shorter hair? Why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• All I have to say is hair shows the beauty of a women in the overall fashion department. Like I could look at her clothes and all but they just don't matter to me, but when I look at her hair I can either be completely blown away or just get a eh feeling. I LOVE long hair more than anything because it shows elegance, beauty, and there's just something about it that makes me loveeee it :] short hair is sometimes nice, but long is always an eye catching beauty show :D

What Guys Said 13

• I really like long hair. It's always prettier. I've yet to see a girl who wouldn't be prettier with long hair.

This doesn't mean girls with short hair can't be pretty, but some styles of short hair look really bad though. Not everyone can pull it off. Look at the actress in Aeon Flux - that's an example of short hair that's just... BAD.

Now look at the same actress with short hair, but with a different style: link

Now that one's actually nice.

• It depends. Some women can pull off certain hair styles. The shorter the hair, the more she might look like she digs girls. I don't date women who are into other women. I don't think it is hot though I am not offended by lesbians or bisexuals.

If she likes to get her hair pulled, not talking about the sissy stuff in elementary school, then it shouldn't really matter. Anything a few inches would be enough to work with. Guys shouldn't grab the hair on the end like handlebars but closer to the head as possible.

• It really does depend on the shape of their face. I'm attracted to both as long as it looks right on them.

• I prefer women with long hair. I would never date a woman that had shorter hair than how Cassadee Pope has.

• Why? your that shallow

• I'm a little shallow. I simply don't find women with hair shorter than Cassade to be attractive on any woman. If I found out a woman had a great personality and she had short hair I would tell her to let her hair grow longer. If she said no then I'm not going to be with her. Afterall, there are women out there that have a great personality with long hair. So, why not go for them.

By the way, women are way more shallow than guys.

• That last part is in reference to good looking women under 40.

• I love long hair on a girl. :)

• I prefer long hair, but short hair (shorter then shoulder) can be good aswell.

link

Thats a good example of nice short hair :)

• long for sure

• It really depends on the girl - as in some girls can make the short hair work while other can't. I do like short hair but it just depends on if it works on the girl or not.

• long hair ofcourse.

The hair of a woman is her jewelry.

• Only very pretty girls can pull off short hair. Otherwise they look too butch.

• depends on face type

• i lke lon hair...

• Yeah...it makes a difference...and it's such an easy thing to pull-off too. Just let your hair grow longer.

Longer hair just looks nicer on girls.

Shoulder length is pretty good. It can be a little shorter though. Medium length can sometimes be OK, but the more boyish it looks, the less attractive it is.

It's not like I'd absolutely refuse to date a girl with short hair...but if I had to choose between two girls who were both otherwise good looking but one had short hair, I'd probably go for the one who didn't.

So in that sense, hair is very important. It's more important than how you dress. It's the easiest thing to change that can make a big difference.

What Girls Said 2

• I have never met a man who 'prefers' short hair. I think most guys don't mind it, it's not like it's offensive. But given the choice they prefer we ladies with long, well kept, healthy hair.

• My boyfriend likes it one inch longer than shoulder to the top of the breast. He says that women who have shorter hair seem to have my confiedence, since you don't have so much hair to hide behind.