Do you find it funny how you're so good looking on the internet, but so ugly in real life?

What I mean by this is do you find it amusing that people you meet in real life don't think anything good about your appearance, but people online say they do?

Is this a common occurrence?

Most Helpful Girl

• Believe the people in real life

I've seen people on here post pictures of themselves and they're not...pretty. Yet everyone comments how pretty they are and when someone posts a truthful comment, they harass that poor poster

What Girls Said 9

• People on the internet are too "politically correct" and therefore will say anything to avoid offense.

But there are the few good looking people who do have low self esteem and just truly do not believe they are good looking.

But I wouldn't want to associate myself with people who think little of me in any way.

If people think little of you then you shouldn't waste your time with them.

There are quite a few chicks on here who over do it with photoshop when they ask the rate me questions etc,I just prefer to not be THAT rude.

• Well what do they say about you in real life? It would be kinda weird in real life to make a comment on your appearance randomly. Where as on the internet you say whatever the hell you want.

From your pictures looks like a straightforward with no tricks(like weird angles, hair in the face, photoshopped hardcore etc etc) so I don't see why it wouldn't transfer over in real life. You are very good looking in my opinion.

• You are either lying or have sh*tty opinions. My guess would be the former. No need to lie.

• It happens to me a lot. Online (not necessarily on here) people always say I'm really pretty, etc. Which is weird considering I'm ridiculously unphotogenic. I never ever get comments about what I look like IRL, let alone positive ones. And personally I think I look better in person than in pictures.

• Lol. That does sound hilarious. I'm starting to think people turn into aliens when they stare at monitors for too long...and we know how kind and generous those green people are! :)

Now I'm kind of tempted to post my pic to see what people say...

Attractiveness is subjective; a small community of people can't possibly represent the rest of the people on this planet. And I'm pretty sure people aren't trying to "insult your intelligence" with compliments...so what's up with thinking that all the time?

• I think it's the opposite with me. People say I'm gorgeous and very beautiful in real life, but in pictures I look horrific.

• I don't know...I have never been called ugly by anyone else except of my six year old sister...To be honest I don't put too much thought on my appearance...

• No I actually think I look better in real life. And I've had other people tell me that too.

• maybe its your personallity.. I mean on the internet all they see is your pic they dk you personally

• My personality is pretty accurately portrayed on this site. I really am an evil bastard.

• Well unless you have a fake pic up then I don't see how that's not true

• Nope. Not fakes. It's obviously not true. Don't insult my intelligence by trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

• It's hilarious.

What Guys Said 5

• It's possible you're just very photogenic but you don't actually look that good in real life.

• Online dating is often an exercise in denial and wish fulfillment! I think it only 'works' when people are desperate..

• i'm fugly in all formats

• I don't know man.. it never happened to me, but one thing is for sure: Photoshop makes miracles.

• I second bornloser.