Am I looking for the wrong kind of guy?

Just recently I've had to break up with a guy because he felt he wasn't good enough for me. I talked to a friend about it and she said that maybe I should look for tougher guys to fit my no bullsh*t kind of personality. This ended up sparking this question. Am I instead looking for the wrong kind of guy for me? I usually go for the nicer kind of guy that is goofy weird but in the end they all end up thinking there not good enough for me and I could do better.

Most Helpful Guy

• Going for a nicer guy isn't necessary the wrong thing to have done or to avoid if you're looking for change. Whether they have a nice or tough exterior doesn't matter as long as you have someone who challenges you. That's what it sounds like to me. It seems as if you get bored after a while. People have a left foot and right foot to walk straight, jump, run, etc. So when it comes to dating, you should find a guy who walks with you straight. Otherwise you'll keep veering left or right and get stuck like that eventually. Hope that made some sense for ya.

What Guys Said 1

• i think at your age. you want the tougher guy or the (bad one)..i think ull eventually wind up with a guy like the one you broke up with. he just has to be more confident that's his problem. not yours

What Girls Said 1

• Keep an open mind, and have fun dating all kinds of guys. The right one will come along. :) It may or may not be what you were expecting.