Grease in my hair :'(

My hair and scalp has been dry so my mom insisted on putting grease in it. I hate grease with a passion. I'm on the verge of tears when she puts it in. My hair's pressed out right now so it's really stiff. Is there any way to make some of the grease go away or less noticeable. I can't wash it 'til the weekend. >.>

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe hot oil treatments?

What Guys Said 1

• light a match

What Girls Said 4

• UGH! I can't believe your mom does that to your hair! I feel bad for you! Here are some things you can try:

1) Use a scarf, hat or hair accessory to hide the grease in your hair.

2) This might seems ridiculous but it will help, put a little bit of baby powder over the greasy areas. The powder will help absorb the grease. Just remember if your hair is dark to fluff it so the powder blends in.

Good luck!

• You could try dry shampoo,which is generally for people who have extensions or who straighten their hair and go a few days in between without washing with water.Or a cheaper solution or trick is baby power to help absorb extra moisture.

I'm sorry,but the weekend is very close,so don't fret over it:-D

• u could wash the hair grease out with a clarifying shampoo. use lemon juice, vinegar and mix it up. well you said you can't wash the grease out so what I do if my relaxed hair is too greasy is blowdry it with light heat, it will kind of make it less noticeable.

in the future, if your hair and scalp are dry, try a light oil (jojoba? marula? olive?) instead of grease if its too heavy. grease doesn't moisturize anyway, only water moisturizes, grease is an oil

• If I were you I would wash it and try something new instead of greas. There are lots of products to help you with dry hair/scalp. Ever tried head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner? Or Garnier has lots of things for dry scalp/hair