What do you think of boys in makeup?

What do you think of boys in makeup? I'm always in makeup - eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, blusher, bronzer, lip gloss (usually on the cheeks, really), lipstick, glitter, the lot. I usually get a pretty positive reaction from girls, too, but there's a lot of bad in there, like, as well.

What do you think of it?

Most Helpful Girl

• hey! there's no label on the side that says "for women only"...so I say go for it especially if you can make it work,

i mean Bill Kaulitz from tokio hotel makes it look hot..and I'd definitely date him:) among other things lol j/k :)

link

but as for wearing lipstick & glitter eh not so hot

• Haha agreed!

Thanks for commenting ^^ and I usually don't wear lipstick really just occassionally, it comes off when I eat anyway, hahaha. And glitters just for stage ^^

• It's just not my style lol...but I guess in small doses it's cool, but I've seen people who are bathed in the stuff lol

• Ohh yeah, haha.There's such a thing as subtlety! hehe

What Girls Said 20

• Unless you are a professional wrestler or a drag queen or a clown or something I would be a little wary. -i- don't even wear that much make up.

i'm all for people doing what makes them feel good tho, so if that's what floats your boat, power to you.

Generally, just so you don't think I'm against guys in make up, I think eyeliner and or a little eyeshadow CAN look damned hawt. But if he looks like he's trying out for the cover of a women's make up magazine... not my taste.

• Hah, thanks, it does 'float my boat', and I dig that you think that way. I do wear more makeup than most of the girls I know, aswell, haha. Anyway, I'm not quite a drag queen or anything but I'm the frontman of a jazz-influenced Art/Glam Rock Band, which is where it started.

• You're out of school at 16!?

• Yeah. I'm not from America, man. We leave school at 16 here - then you can go on to college and stuff. College doesn't take up half as much time, though, here, and you generally start looking for part-time work when your 16. Back in the1950s and stuff you used to leave at 14, sure.

• not my taste, it sounds like you wear a lot like way more than me, ...im sorry but I want my guy to look like a GUY! I don't find it strange but I wouldn't date a guy who wears make up. I think you get postive reactions because the girls you've encounter probably think you're gay...just looking at your picture...you might need some make up tips...ooops! lol

• Its intentionally messy in that picture, lol. I was going for a sort of Lou Reed look, y'know, sloppily applied eyeliner and sunglasses, but I didn't have my sunglasses on when I took it... And when I say positive reactions, you know, I mean like positive positive, you know?

• I could not care less. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

The truth is, you can do whatever you'd like to do. If wearing make up has a positive effect on you, that's great, because that positivity - regardless of what it's from - radiates to those around you, and that's just a nice thing.

Do what makes you happy, and I'll be happy for you.

The negative feedback is how another person internalizes your actions and allows it to bother them. It's more of a testament to them than it is to you. So don't worry about them. They're only hurting themselves.

• :) I like this answer. I'm not worried though, this is almost a year ago, hahaha. What do you think of it *personally* though? Not philisophically

• Personally and philosophically are truly inseparable to me haha.

• Haha, I like it!

• I must say, I used to hate it... but I think if you wear makeup to where nobody can tell you're actually wearing it and it looks totally natural, then it's okay! Not something I'd look for in a guy though! Girls are supposed to be divas, not boys! haha

• Why not boys?

• in that case you're the exception. which is rare so kudos to you!

• Haha. Thanks ^_^

• I wouldn't say it's unattractive, but less is more -concerning make up- just as it's true for girls, so it is true for guys. :)

I love Ville Valo and his eyeliner, but anything else is too much for me...

And anyways, if you see yourself as truly beautiful, you don't need any make up - for girls and guys... ^&^

/even though glamming it up from time to time is an extremely fun thing to do xD/

• If you're looking to attract lesbians you'll be right. I'm sorry but make up is just effeminate any way you look at it, most heterosexual girls like their men to look like men.

• Ofcourse its effeminate. Anyway, personally I haven't found that, I think you attract people who are attracted to you, as opposed to people who arent, so I don't really worry. ^^

• No I get that :) Sorry if my opinions got a tad bitchy there...I'm sure the girl/guy is perfect for you :)

• Its fine, I didn't really expect anything nice anyway, haha! And she really is ^^

• I'm really not into it.

• Haha. Okay, honestly, I used to hate it. I used to think guys on make up were gay. Butt, today- just an hr ago actually- I decides it actually kindaa... What's te word... Like, fun. Adam lambert is pretty hawt, by the way, and his make up enhances it. But, it has to be all dark colours if I like it. Like, black, dark blu, dark purple, etc. And no offense, but I don't really like glitter on guys.

• Are you into guys...?

• are you trying to attract boys or girls? I personally don't think I would be attracted to a guy that wears that much make up

• Cute.

• I personally wouldn't date you, because I'm not into the whole guy makeup thing. But if it makes you happy, all the power to ya!

• I think it's cool. People should what they want and be proud.

• That's awesome.

• Sexy as hell!

• I think you are fabulous & if you wear make up, that just makes make up fabulous to :D

• gay

• Truthfully, I'm not attracted to men who wear make-up, have piercing, wear jewellery, or shave their legs. I'm just strange that way. When I was a kid, my cousin always wanted to do my make-up & put me in girly stuff. But I was really turned off by it, even at such a young age. Now (I'm 25 yrs) I can wear "some" makeup, but still don't even have my ears pierced. However, I don't have any problems with men who do wear make-up. I have some male friends who do, and I think they're great people. I don't know why I've always been turned off by "girly" things, but I'm the one with the problem not you. If you get strange looks from people, don't let them affect you. Some people are judgmental or insecure & need to cut others down. Keep being yourself!

• Thanks very much ^^ Yeah, I know a lot of people like that, its fairly common like. I think the order of the world is that the feminine are drawn to the feminine and the masculine are drawn to the masculine. Y'know, not insinuating your masculine, or anything, LOL, But you know what I mean, right? Girly girls end up with prettyboys, quite often.

And thanks ^^ I will, haha. Same goessss.

• I think they are on the gay side. Not something I'd want in a guy that I'm going to date, but I love the art of makeup so I would respect it if he had a passion for it. I just don't think its very masculine or sexually attractive

• Mm, the art side is my main attraction to it ^^ That's for answeringg.

• go for it

but I wouldn't date you

What Guys Said 4

• robert smith has done pretty well with it

• unless your a drag queen.. no make up for you sport.. :)

• I thought only homersexuals got all tarted-up. Each to their own I s'pose.

• Actually, the wearing of makeup stems back to I the 1700sRococo period, where it was all sort of, made out of led and ground up peaches, and it was originally worn by men. Then women adopted it, and men stopped wearing it, and then it became taboo for a while, and for the past like, 50 years, no ones really been sure. Its jokes, lol.

• "homersexuals"? LOL

• I guess we do learn something new everyday, just as the ninny's assert. Of course in some cases igorance is bliss.

• If its just make up, like your not dressing up or anything, nothing wrong with it if your like going out etc but every day not so sure... to each his own... as long as you are having fun...