What do you think of Industrial piercings?

link

That's what an industrial looks like (in case you didn't know).

. . .I really want one :]

Most Helpful Girl

• You asked for public thought. I don't think it looks good. I think it looks distorted. If you were

to come in for a job, I would not hire you. If you had some tattoos or gauges, that would

probably be okay. I know some people like this, so if you do and after thought, go for it. The

level of pain would vary and as far as being wasted, that would be not be ethical and any place

that would hinder this to you when you are not in the right frame of mind, well, would they also

take a saw to you? I don't know, just do a lot of thinking and talking to the piercer. Good Luck!

• How is that piercing any worse than tattoos or gauges? I don't get it, I think it is much more tasteful and easy to cover than many tattoos and gauges.

• You don't have to explain that I asked for public thought, I don't mind if you don't like it :]

My parents absolutely hate them.

I personally think gauges look disgusting depending on how big it is (no offense to anyone who has one). I thought about how an Industrial would look if I went for an interview or something, and I figured I could cover it since I wear my hair down 99% of the time.

What Guys Said 6

• It looks extremely painful

• Yeah, people either say it's extremely painful or it doesn't hurt at all, so I have no idea what to believe. Everyone's different, I guess.

• It depends on how the piercer does it. I was told that one lady would do 2 piercings (charge for both) and let them heal before I could put the industrial barbell in. But the lady who did mine did it all at once, but the needle wasn't long enough to pierce both sides at once, so the needle went in, put the barbell in, and then did the other hole after pulling the needle out of the first one. It can hurt if your cartilege crunches, mine didn't though.

• And as a side note, I know a lot of piercers won't pierce you when you're wasted (drunk or high, it doesn't matter). They actually ask you before you, at least the lady who did mine did.

• to be honest I don't like the way it looks. but if you like then that's what matters.

• You can agree or disagree, but you are asking for opinions, and I think they look dumb. Just my opinion though.

• I don't mind if you think they look dumb; I wouldn't have asked the question if I knew the answers would offend me :]

• Yeah, I agree with Jarett. I like a woman with class! When I see a girl with piercings all over herself or tattoos or something, it makes me think that she has issues.

• Lol people would say that I have issues.

• For me I like them and for how I was reading some of the posts saying they don't like girls with tattoos or piercings. I prefer a chick with tattoos and piercings for one reason. At least I know she is not no wimpy little girl then, but that's just me.

• I just got mine done and I love it, it hurts but it's easily tolerable. I got it on my left side and sleep on my left but it's no problem as long as you don't move too much when you sleep. You should get one

• I think it's what you think about them that counts because a lot of people don't like that stuff. I find it a bit strange myself, however, everyone has their own opinion. I would say that you should do what you like to do and not worry about people's opinions. If my girlfriend had that done, I would support her in her decision because if that's what she likes, then it's cool with me!

• It's too bad my parents don't feel that way lol

• No, they're not like that about it. My dad is a little over the top though. Growing up, I wasn't allowed to wear nail polish or makeup because he didn't want his daughters to be "painted ladies" and I had to wait until I was 15 to get my ears pierced. That's probably part of the reason why I want an Industrial so bad--I like them, and I'm sick of him telling me what my image should be.

• Well then, I think you've answered your own question! If you want it, go for it! :)

What Girls Said 5

• I have mine done, and I love it! Just beware, they can be uncomfortable to sleep on. Mine's taken a while to heal due to a severe angle between holes. But it you want it, get it done.

• I think they look really cool. I've heard they don't hurt that bad. Just go for it.

• Personally, I think industrial piercings look really odd and very painful. But if you want one, it's your choice.

• I guess you can get it done - It can't look terrible but it looks like its going to hurt - a lot.

• My Boyfriend has one and I rekon it looks so hot!

you should get it. Shouldnt hurt that much :)