Is it worse to be very unattractive as a guy or as a girl?

On one hand, girls are valued more for their appearance than guys are, but there is also a lot girls can do for themselves to improve their appearance. Who do you think as it worse?

• The ugly guys
  • The ugly girls

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls do, on top of having to constantly look good for everyone they also have the most stressful work environment. Girls on average make about 85% the salary of their male equivalent. Guys therefore can do a lot more in life seeing as finding a mate is not 100% of life...

What Guys Said 6

• Unattractive girl.

That's in every way possible...which is hard to find.

They would have to be dumb, ugly and poor...and would want to stay that way...

Girls expire biologically, so they have until 35 to find a mate.

Men...we have our whole lives ahead of us.

• Based on the sh*t the media likes to formulate in a female mind. It is definitely worse being an unattractive female.

Men, not so much. The media focuses on male intelligence and power, not their physical beauty.

• Girls have it much harder, guys can get nice things like cars cloths etc or a good body to make up for it.

• True, but girls can also get a good body, but it doesn't exactly make up for a face like a horse. :P

• I assume both have it rough, but chose the guys. Girls can hide their "imperfections" much easier than guys. Girls wear make up, push up bras, girdles, spanks, etc. Just my opinion on it.

• Girl definitely. Guys care more about appearance than girls usually, and girls care about personality and substance. But actually, I don't know so much anymore. Younger generation of girls only want top notch hot guys, or jerks they think they can change. But all-in-all, I'd still say girl.

• girls, men are much more visual than women

What Girls Said 2

• Sadly, I think it's harder for an unattractive female. Men care more about looks on the dating front. And unfortantely, more often then men, womens looks get tehm ahead in life. It's not always the case, I'm saying generally.

• I would say guys for sure.

If a guy is ugly there really isn't anything he can do about it. Guys can't wear makeup to hide bad skin or acne or even enhance their facial features. Guys can't change their hairstyles, dye their hair, grow their hair out super long (unless they really want to). All guys can really do is lose weight, gain muscle and dress differently. Not very much to work with to improve on.

There's so much girls can do to their hair, makeup, dress and bodies. Girls can get haircuts, extensions, highlights, dye their hair, get bangs, etc. Girls can wear makeup. Girls can wear push-up bras and dress all cute and sexy to get attention to their bodies and not their faces.

Good luck.