Is there a way to indulge in this without looking slutty?

Ever since I was little I've loved mini skirts and boots. I stopped wearing them around 5th grade, because my older sisters were really bitchy and always called me trashy. Now that I'm in high school I still love miniskirts and boots, but I don't want to look like a slut. Is there a way to wear boots and miniskirts that doesn't make me look trashy? and guys, what do you think of girls who wear them?

Most Helpful Girl

• miniskirts and boots doesn't HAVE to be slutty. think of the proportions, if you are gonna wear high boots wear a mini skirt with a top that isn't formfitting or sexy. wear a minidress that is kinda loose and then wear boots with it. wear them with tights/leggings. dresses and boots look cute and rarely look slutty unless you're going for the Happy Hooker look. f*** what people think what do YOU like?

What Guys Said 7

• Is there a way for you to be slutty without looking slutty?

Sorry, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

You enjoy being slutty. Get past the self-consciousness of being so worried what everyone else will think of you, and I'd stop thinking of you as slutty.

• u can't "dress slutty". it doesn't exist. its how you act. if you dress like that then follow it up by sleeping with countless guys then it would seem slutty. but no. just do it. you'll be fine. as long as its for example school appropriate of course. and damn it sounds f***ing hot :)

• Couln't have wrote it better myself, if I ever build a park I'm naming it after u

• Ha!. cool thanks. maybe the question asker will give me best answer too, and add me. I'm pretty good with advice

• I guess you could add leggings.

• yea just because you dress slutty doesn't mean people will think your slutty. me friend dressed up in a school girl outfit for me once :p she didn't look slutty at all, just really attractive

• Forget the haters. It's one thing to "dress for success" ie, look professional on the job, but beyond that wear whatever clothing makes you happy.

• I come buckets

• f***in love miniskirts, just cos she wearing them doesn't make me think anything other then wow, nice legs, I want.

What Girls Said 8

• it's not slutty. boots cover your legs more. What's slutty is a miniskirt that's TOO short, regardless of the shoe you're wearing it with.

Just make sure you have on underwear that covers your ass and a miniskirt you can sit down in, and you're all good.

also, just stay away from stripper boots.

good: link

good: link

good: link

good: link

good: link

bad: link

bad: link

bad: link

• Just do it...Seriously f*** you're sisters they are most likely jealous because they have never been able to pull it off the same way..

You can't live your life according to what other people like, especially girls, since guys LIKE the way that stuff looks :) and more importantly YOU like it.

I always felt too self conscious to wear stuff that I liked because it felt slutty...I'm starting to do it anyway and it feels wicked :P

Hope I helped,

Bambii.

• You wanna listen to her like. I was gonna say something like this but in a way tamer way, LOL.

• I don't know any guys who like that look actually

• It depends on the boots, for me. I'm a big fan of it personally, as long as its not like, Uggs. Erghk. Anyway who said boots were for winter? I wear boots all year round, like. I've actually worn miniskirts, aswell, but that's not exactly season dependant when a lad does it, erherh.

• Just make sure it looks classy not trashy... Don't shop in the hooker stores - use taste and class -- I wear that look and it is a very sexy look men love it - even if is business looking it still looks GREAT!

Go for it -- your sisters were probably just jealous... Wear the skirt and boots its good look if you have the body for it!

• Haha just like two days ago I got in trouble because this one old lady teacher thought it was "too much for school" and that it's a "site dress code" not just her. our school doesn't have a dress code other than no gang sybols etc. I checked.

• I love dresses and boots. I have a similar problem :(

• That is tacky imo.I mean,skirts are for summer/fall,boots for winter...

The guys I know actually make fun of girls who do that,but then again if you're doing it for yourself it shouldn't matter

• In California, there are no seasons, just hot. Winter here is like a cool summer.

• And it's till tacky.It's a way of getting attention,the only girls I know who wear the skirt and boots are looking for male attention,but other than that it's still tacky imo

• Do what cha want I don't know any one who pokes fun at any one wearing that stuff

• Wear them with tights.

• wear leggings under the skirt, if you're wearing higher heels make the top more conservative.

• maybe wear tights with it

or not a knee high boot but a bootie