How much eye contact do you generally hold when you are talking with another person?

It can be for anything: talking to a stranger, talking to a superior, talking to someone you like, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• i always make a point to hold eye contact the entire time... unless I start to sense that its making the other person uneasy... I was raised/taught that you always look someone in the eye when you are talking to them or they are talking to you.. its just polite :)

• I agree its respectful & more interesting :)

• Plus if they have pretty eyes you have a reason to stare into them ^.^ hehe

• I was raised that way too but it just didn't take. It's not what I do and it makes me feel very uncomfortable. My parents tried to teach me otherwise but it didn't matter. This is the way I am.

What Guys Said 4

• Almost never. I glance at their eyes a bit here and there but mainly my eyes are on the floor or off to the side. It's just how I've always been. I don't feel comfortable making eye contact with others.

• Usually when I'm talking its constant, but when they're talking it depends on them. If they talk with their hands, I'll usually look at their eyes, hands, and into the distance if they gesture towards a certain direction. Sometimes if its a girl and she's got a lot of cleavage hanging out, my eyes will wander, but like, I generally have good controll of that, 'cos I'm not that way inclined. Actually, guys looking at girls t*ts when they're talking to them has become way less of a problem.

• Generally constant unless I'm doing something at the time or see something interesting.

• absolutly none, unless I'm talking to a girl I like. then as much as possible :)

What Girls Said 3

• I generally tend to hold eye contact only when I'm interested in the conversation (or person for that matter). If I'm looking away it's either because I'm not into it or I'm busy with something else.

• I try to hold a lot of eye contact, but I look away occasionally.

• the entire time. looking someone in the eye while talking doesn't mean you're staring them down