Why do so many men claim they love long hair on a woman?

but then they date girls with short hair?

Most Helpful Guy

• SEEEEEE! AT LAST THIS IS THE VOICE OF TRUTH... showing up, finally, I've always told everybody on this site that long haired women only remind me of cavewomen, long hair is so impractical and even feels exotic! after the french revolution there is need to dress or do impractical stuff anymore, it's just like being in one of those wide white funny dresses girls used to wear up to the 19th century! seriously, it's 2010, we like confident independent girls that look cute and stylish, who wants a cavewoman? think of it, can you have long hair and still look cute as much as that short haired hottie?

• I like your views, only because I have short hair :P

• Keep it short missy! you've got my full support :D

What Guys Said 11

• Because you can't always get what you want? Besides, I doubt hair length is very high on most guys list. It's more a 'It would be nice if...'-thing than an absolute requirement.

• because its not important... at all.

• Looking back on it I've seldom ever seen one of my guy friends dating a short haired girl.

• because girls do whatever they want with their hair.

I started dating a girl whose hair was ash-blonde and sown to the middle of her back.

Eight months in, she had cut it twice and changed the style three times.

When we split, it was maroon & black and short on one side, longer on the other.

(Bleh)

• I love love love long hair on a girl. Not sure what you're talking about. I've never dated a girl with short hair, not cause it's my preference, but because they all had it long.

• Because one single attribute very rarely makes or breaks a girl, just like one single attribute rarely makes or breaks a guy. For 99% of guys, a girls hair, labia, nipples, legs, toes, lips, bush grooming, or eyes are preferences, not absolutes.

Before I met my wife I was in the market for a petite, auburn-haired, green-eyed, athletic, D-cup. I ended up marrying a 5'9", ligh brown-haired, blue-eyed, B-cup. (Still athletic, though.)

• Its true we do love long hair on a woman but to a certain extent. But I guess not everybody is like that, but for the most part we do love women with long hair. I would never date a woman with short hair.

• i love long hair on a woman. its the femininity of it. however... only certain types of girls can rock the short hair and get away with it. it isn't for everyone.

• maybe they don't find enough women with long hair...fact is that long hair has long been a very important trait of female sexuality...that's why the Muslims force their women to cover their heads, for they see the hair as a sexual elixir that would woo men...

• Honestly the length of your hair hold as much importance as how you spell your name to guys. You either do it for them or you dont. I'm willing to go as far as to say they length of your hair has less to do with how a guy views you then the color does and I lock in that answer.

• That is all that is available?

What Girls Said 9

• It's just a really trivial preference. Saying you love long hair on a woman doesn't necessarily mean you hate short hair, and most people aren't going to turn down a chance the chance to get to know someone they might possibly really connect with just because of something so small as the length of someone's hair. You wouldn't be like "I love guys with blue eyes!" and then turn a really awesome guy just because his eyes are brown.

• So many guys say they love big t*ts, small waists, round butts, shapely legs, clear eyes, bright smiles, full lips, high cheekbones etc but they date women without some or all of these?

Because they'll take what they can get and one thing (like a personality) may win over something else (like the preference of long hair). Something like long hair isn't usually a dealbreaker.

• let's say you like blueberry pancakes. you will eat regular pancakes if you're hungry, but you just prefer blueberry ones if you can get them. that's why.

• My boyfriend prefers my hair short - like shoulder length and it starts being too long and he starts asking me when I'm going to have a haircut next - haha.

Another guy I know once said "short hair is sexy, long hair is beautiful" (take that with as much weight as you want). And he is with a girl with short hair, who used to have long hair.

• i have a layered bob and its never stopped a guy I don't think. or do you mean pixie style? cause girls rarely have hair that short. but one of my friends is punk and she has short pixie style hair with one side shaved, and she has a bf..

• because at the end of the day, a guy who's not an idiotic fool is not going to reject a wonderful girl with inner beauty and a great personality just because she doesn't have long hair

• i wonder too... I used to have long hair. but really beautiful long hair. I miss it. but nobody liked me. then I dyed it red, cut is short [when it washed out it was really ugly]. suddenly my crush was totally into me.

i just don't get it.

• I don't see any guys dating girls with short hair...

• they don't...