How much muscle is too much?

I like weight training a lot and I am a girl... xD I know I am a bit weird but how do I know if my boyfriend likes how muscular I look or if I look too muscular... I work out because I am stressed but I can switch to running instead... I am not super big right now because I stooped exercising for 2 month ( I feel so guilty ) and lost over 10 pounds. I guess what I am asking is that do guys like girls skinner with less muscle or bigger with more muscle... and how much muscle... At my best I was able to bench 135 5 times for max and back squat 155 3 sets of 8...

Most Helpful Guy

• I like girls who weight train, but are not on steroids, it's a really sexy look. I'm almost doing 3 times your lifts, so it doesn't bother me that you're stronger then most girls, but some guys who can't do these lifts (and I know quite a few) will probably feel intimidated.

When I was 14, I was able to squat 315, I had the second heaviest lift in my school, the person who had the heaviest was a 17 year old girl, who was half a foot shorter, and 40 pounds lighter. She could squat 400 pounds, and she was very very hot.

Here's a pic for those guys who don't like to squat link

The funny thing is.. for a lot of guys, you will be that girl warming up with their max. lol lol lol.

• I have never seen anyone squat more than 300 pounds O.O even the really fit guys at my school only do 200 some pounds!

What Guys Said 5

• I'm not fond of big leg muscles that are oversize for the body, but good muscle definition is very attractive! (I had a girlfriend once with oversize leg muscles and she reminded me of a frog! That relationship didn't work out!)

I prefer the long and flat type of muscle that Nautilus type machines help develop, rather than the "camel hump" muscles that free weights tend to develop. Just my opinion though.

• HAHAHAH your discription of the leg muscles are harlious xD

• Based on your lift totals, I'd venture to say that you're not "ripped" - and that's generally a good thing. Just remember that most guys like their girls to be feminine-looking, but when it comes down to it, it's all about YOUR personal comfort.

• For a girl, I'd say that when you are so much muscled that your blood vessels are always visible, then it's too much.

• Teehee I have one on my right bicep that shows up whenever I am hot xD and lots on the inside of my fore arms...

• Teehee thanks =)

• You're welcome, I was only stating the obvious ;)

I have to make a distinction, a strong girls are different to muscled ones.

Strong girls can be fun to be with in a bed, too much muscled ones can be a turn off.

• I wouldn't like a girl who has more muscle than me... but that's just me...

• Some muscle is sexy

What Girls Said 1

• It all depends on your body size, weigth and muscle to fat ratio. That will determine if you look feminine or not. In US measures, I am 5'6" and 140 pounds, and I still look feminine with roundings. I bench with 150, series of 10 and squat with 200, series of 10. Hope this helps.