What's more important: looks or confidence and a sense of humor?

I mean eventually you have to talk to the person. It's not all s-e-x.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, clearly no one would want to say that looks are more important, but they really aren't. Good-looking people are objectified, confident, entertaining people are sought out. Of course, if someone happens to be both, that's great (and absurdly unfair). Assuming one isn't just aiming for sex, personality will beat out beauty any day.

For example, in the film Pirates of the Caribbean, Captain Jack Sparrow is so much more attractive than Will Turner. Why? Why would an ungroomed pirate with unwashed hair, rotting teeth, and a weave in his step have more sex appeal than chiseled, strapping Orlando Bloom? Because Sparrow has 2^29342 times the personality that Turner does.

Another example: in high school I knew a mind-crushingly handsome guy whose conversation (if he deigned to speak at all) was so utterly uninspired that after a week I could no longer bring myself to initiate contact. My interest in him was purely aesthetic. Instead, I became completely infatuated with the head of the debate team, who was a beanpole with unextraordinary features but who could be witty and interesting about anything.

Beauty is very subjective, and if someone is attractive personality-wise, if there is chemistry, the sexual attraction will come.

What Guys Said 5

• It's all sense of humor, personality, willingness to engage with someone, ability to understand others people's point of view. Looks are only important on stage!.

• sex is love

love is everything

so with that aside we can talk about anything which leads to nothinn

but the thing is can you stand or sit still with the person your with

with out having to say anything

just be silent and compfy with them

• Confidence.

• confidence outstands everything!

• Absolutely confidence and sense of humor.

What Girls Said 3

• Confidence and a sense of humor of course. If I just want something 'pretty' to stare at I'd surf the net looking at eye candy there.

• sex doesn't come into play at the beginning of a relationship. so being able to have a conversation is way more important

• Confidence and a sense of humor of course.