80's style fashion on guys?

I really like the style of the clothing on the movie "Trainspotting"...I wear a lot of skinny, gray jeans, high top sneakers, stuff like that...is this cool? I mean, would people look at me and think "what the hell is he wearing..." super random question

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey amoda,

Yes, if you look like you are dressed out of a different decade people will probably notice this and wonder what the deal is. This isn't to say that you shouldn't dress this way. It depends. First, do you look good in the clothes? Does the style match your personality? Are you comfortable in them? Is there a deep philosophical reason rooted in your personality that is reflected in these clothes, or is it just by chance? etc. - these are good questions to ask yourself.

How you dress speaks volumes about who you are. I'll give you a personal example. I wear crocs. I understand that crocs are not attractive. However, since I have a bad knee, and wearing crocs puts less strain on my knee than shoes most of the time, I rock the crocs. I have my reasons, I've made my decision (and I can explain it to others as needed). And that's what it's about.

For more dating advice, click the link -> link | Evan

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know about anyone else, but I dig it. Trainspotting is one of my favorite movies. I've more than once wished I was a guy JUST so that I could pull off that look as well as a guy could, haha.

• Just be yourself

who cares what anyone thinks of you :)

• I've never watched Trainspotting... but skinny gray jeans are good! And depending on the style, so are high tops. As long as the outfit doesn't look super 80s, and is more just inspired by fashion from the 80s, I think it is usually pretty good.

• HOT so great. Love that style.

• I like your individuality, for sure.

• woo 80's ftw!... skinnies and high tops are like epic win.. what shirts do you wear with it though? like fluro patterened shirts or what?.. I think the shirts you wear would really be the main point in honestly, cos high top sneakers and connies are amazing with skinnies and they are coming into fashion again where I live (Y) 80's is coming back into fashion here and there, embrace your liking of the fashion of that era :P and all in all I haven't seen that movie.. :P so I can't go by it :P

• i really like too :)

i like it as much as I like em oxford shoes :D

if you walked pass id say to myself omg I wanna be a guy so I can wear it too

What Guys Said 1

• Trainspotting was from '96 dude. Albeit it was based in Scotland. So maybe they were behind the fashion curve at the time? haha