Should I tell a girl she looks better since gaining weight?

My brother's girlfriend gained ~5 lbs., but since she's short it's pretty noticeable. Anyway, I think she looks better now, but I'd still have to point out the fact that she's gained weight to tell her that. :\ What's proper etiquette here?

Most Helpful Girl

• Say to her "you've been looking really great lately" or something along those lines

Trust me don't mention her weight!

I was once on the wrong side of skinny and I had put on a little but I was still pretty thin I just filled out my face a little and this lady friend of my mum ran into me at the shops and she said to me "you gained weight you look great, really healthy" and my mouth dropped!

In her mind it was probably a compliment in my mind it was "all my gosh I didn't think it was noticible! get on the treadmill"

The fact that it was noticable made me feel like I put on alot

What Guys Said 3

• Tell her the extra five pounds fills her out just enough without making her look like a cow, but be sure to make it clear if she should add even as little as one extra pound to the five she's already gained, that your brother will drop her like a rancid donut. This should cheer her up.

• Just tell her she's been looking very healthy lately and ask her what's her secret.

• I don't think that's a pretty nice thing to say, even if it's well intended.

What Girls Said 3

• Hmmm...not sure there's a proper way to saying so w/o implying that you've noticed a change in weight.

I know that if someone was too skinny and they've gained a few, people will say "You look healthy" but either way, it's going to be implied, don't you think?

• You could just say that you're not sure why, but that she looks good ... healthier. You don't have to mention specifically that she gained weight. She may offer that as a reason you notice a change in her.

• Don't mention her weight. It's rude

Just say "You look good in that outfit" or something

Like I said, don't mention her weight gain. It doesn't harm her to not say anything to her at all