DATING: Is beauty really 'in the eye of the beholder'?

We all know the saying... seems like it to me... Opposites do attract in the dating world... What do you have to say about it? Explain your POV below.

Most Helpful Girl

• Beauty is definitely in the "eye of the beholder".. We all like different things - different things attract us -- personality traits -blonde hair vs black hair... Just like some like chocolate ice cream - some like vanilla. The true beauty comes from within.. character. . Honesty/Trust/Respect/Kindness/Love... The physical beauty fades in time - we all get old - wrinkled - gray hair..withered muscles.. etc. etc. What is left? The heart. If you can see through to the person's heart... and know they are there for you when you need them and love you through thick/thin -- THAT is true beauty. Some guys I've fallen in love with were not considered good looking at all... I fell in love with one guy's enormous talents as a musician - And the odd thing is.. the more you learn to love someone - the better looking they become. Have you ever ntoiced? Hugz.

What Girls Said 5

• at first glance A great sexy hot body is always the first attraction if you don't know them but that only holds for a bit...You have got to have inner beauty and a GREAT personality to hold on to me. Most Drop Dead Gorgeous Guys just don't have what it takes to really hold the attraction.

My man was not one to Physically attract me at first, I ,mean I would never have gone up to him and introduced myself. But his friend introduced us and he made me smile, I was first attracted to his personality and that what made me fall in love with him!

So YES beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Definately!

• yeeeeep. Every guy I have dated all of my friends thought either they were ugly, fat, weird, awesome.. etc. But I was very much head over heels with these men :)

• Yes it is nice to find someone who is totally beautiful and attractive but it's what really matter in the inside. Are they loyal, funny, considerate? Are they everything that you want in a partner? :)

• Yep it is.

• yeah it is because sometimes I will think guys are attractive and a friend of mine will think he's ugly or he doesn't do it for her. just like a lotta girls think robert pattinson is the cats meow but all robert pattinson could do for me is point me in the direction of a guy who's actually good looking

What Guys Said 3

• Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. Hence everyone has different tastes.

Opposites attract; depends what you mean. Totally opposite personalities obviously wouldn't go well with each other. But with physical.. it could be partly true. But obviously not 100%.. Otherwise all slender people would be chubby chasers and that's not the case.

• opposites attract ... then they attack.

• Beauty was in the eye of the beer holder for me last night. Yikes. Should have seen the creature I woke up next to this morning.