Belly Button Piercings?

I've heard some people say that you need the "right" belly in order to pull of a belly button ring properly. Is this true? Do you need like a model type belly in order for it to work properly? I'm looking into getting a belly button piercing, but I'm not sure it would look good on me.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't need to have a model type body to pull of a belly button piercing. .I am not skinny at all yet not fat, I have love handles and I am completely comfortable with it.. as a matter of a fact I don't like my belly without it anymore and somehow it shrinks my stomach... all you have to have is an innie button.

here are things you should do after you get it:

clean it with a cotton bud three times a day and twirl it up and down three times a day.

do not change the medical ring you re wearing for as long as it needs ( you need to ask the one who get it done for you) before wearing a regular flashy ring. otherwise it will get infected and no one wants an infected belly button ( believe me had to get it done three times to get it right because of the infection)

try to avoid salty water( beach) and baby oil for a while and keep it covered for at least a week.

some people say try to avoid eating dairy the first few weeks too for some reason.

What Guys Said 3

• Honestly, navel piercings look best on girls with an average stomach (not fat, just average with a little bit of padding). It would just look weird on a girl that had super-ripped abs.

• Actually I have seen many BBWs with one

• Get it.

What Girls Said 5

• Well there are a couple things you should consider when getting a belly button piercing:

- Don't get it if you are an outie.

- Make sure your actual belly button is pretty decent sized. If the bottom bulb takes up the whole belly button, it looks terrible.

- Be SUPER comfortable with your stomach before doing it, because a lot more attention will be drawn there.

- Don't get a piercing if you are afraid of needles, or not into piercings to begin with.

- Also bare in mind the cost of keeping one. I'm constantly losing the screw on mine so I always have to buy new ones.

- Don't get one unless you are willing to clean it and not change it for 5 months. If you are too impatient to do this, don't even attempt it. You will just end up with an infected belly button, and a scar of a hole on your stomach.

• If you get a belly button ring it's better to have a belly button that goes out or it's likely to get infected. I think it looks good on almost anyone, but remember it will accentuate your stomach, so if it's not a body part you like, you shouldn't get one.

• Are you chubby? Don't get it, it just looks very trashy at that point. I wouldn't say "model" tummy, but fairly slender, yes.

• I'm pretty average. Not overweight, but I'm not model skinny either.

• Personally I think you would need a rather flat stomach because if you have love handles and a pooch then it will draw a lot of attention to your stomach and appear bigger than what you are or sometimes are not because it will bulge out.

• I think you should go for it then =D They are super cute, my best friend just got hers done and she said it was the worst pain she has felt and she has her nose and monroe done. But she is a big baby, she passed out when she got her nose done hahaha. Hope I helped! Good Luck =P

• Well I would consider myself as average, and people say my belly ring looks good on me. lol so I guess as long as yours not chubby or fat. if you are, you should get something like the cartlidge(sp?) pericing, they're really cute.