Am I not girlfriend material?

OK so, I am 20 years old and I am pretty much the most pathetic person out there. I never dated in high school and still don't to this day. I mean, I'm not asexual ha ha but I feel like guys aren't that into me once they get to know me. I feel like guys may feel intimidated by me when they realize that I can throw a football farther than they can, beat them at arm wrestling, and play the guitar 'like a dude'. Sometimes I feel like I should start wearing flats, a 60 dollar dress from UO, and leggings to change my persona at the expense of killing who I really am: a girl who likes to burp, fart, tell dirty jokes, watch sci-fi movies and listen to experimental music not that Lady Gaga shizz. I don't know. Guys what do y'all think? Am I appealing or should I make some changes? Thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey girl, I know exactly how you feel and I've been there. I was like that in high school as well haha. I showed a lack of interests in guys because I was more goal oriented than I was interested in dating I suppose. I was in a band at the time and we were performing shows every weekend and I was so busy dreaming about that I pretty much lacked interests in other activities. I could also throw a football and run past most guys with it pretty well. At the time I was very tomboyish and not very much into my appearance so I think that sent off a message to most guys, not something that was negative but it was obvious that I probably wasn't into being approached. I don't know why but I didn't let that bother me at the time. It's been 3 years since then so of course, the ideal for romance catches up with you eventually (lol). I suppose I've always been comfortable in my own skin and very open with my personality and never cared what guys thought in a sense but I realized that it wasn't a bad idea to start observing what some of them liked :) To this day I'm as straight-forward as I was in high school, but I did develop a knack for style, a bigger smile, have lessened the burping and rough-housing with guys when I'm with them (I've realized when it comes to boys, its best not to startle them with such openness lol). However that doesn't mean you aren't being yourself; you could still be as true to your spirit and heartfelt about your ideas and what you're interested in. Like for example I love being active and having fun; camping, biking, hiking, etc. Also I'll be taking taekwondo lessons soon and some guys know me as the 'girly tough girl.' What's funny is that you could never tell with looking at me since I'm very petite but as time flew, they got to know my soft side and my strong side; its give or take. Some guys liked that aspect about you or they don't ;) I for one think its awesome that you can beat them at arm wrestling, and can play the guitar. that just shows you're not easy to win over and not afraid to be yourself but nothing is wrong with improving your outer body as well and a little makeup. Who knows you can still be that girl who kicks booty in leggings and boots aka sexy strong girl :] Best of good wishes to you.

P.S. Lady Gaga = Eww

What Guys Said 5

• well you don't have to appeal us to be appealing to someone. there's gonna be someone who likes a girl like u, so there's no reason to start changing the way you are to impress people. that only makes you feel worse

• How do you dress?

How's your body?

Does your haircut suit you?

• well your a girl, it should not be that hard for you

• how do you look like?

• you sound pretty cool to me ; ) and don't change who you are if that truly is who you are. you shouldn't change for anyone, only change if that's truly what you want

What Girls Said 1

• you sound kind of like a tomboy and some guys like that, so it's up to you if you want to be yourself and hold out for a guy who's into you for who you are, or change yourself to find a guy who likes you for someone you're not.