Did I contact too much too early?

Girl gave me her number at a party the other night. She thought I was cute and had a lot of fun with me. I texted her that night (I was drunk) saying how cute I thought she was. She said the same back.

Talked to her on facebook the next day for a little.

Is this too much? I hate those stupid "3 day" rules.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are no rules so don't worry about them. Do what you want and how you feel you want to do it. If she doesn't like it, then she's not the girl for you. Chances are she wouldn't mind anyway.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't pay any attention to the three day rules. The only way I would listen to them is if I felt I was annoying someone (If I were a guy). Or if I came off as totally desperate- Which NO girl, and I mean absolutely NO self respecting girl wants a desperate guy. So I do not think you are in the wrong mind by talking to her, unless you are trying to hurt her, take advantage of her, etc. But if you are geniunely interested in her, then I say Go For It! ;)

• What do you mean desperate. When I talked to her over facebook I said how she was cute and fun and she should definitely come visit again. I joked about how I could see her sober this time haha. She was agreeing with everything. Desperate or not desperate?

• I don't think that's desperate. Desperate would be if you would say anything to make her happy, or to get her to like you, just because you want a girl. I don't think that's what you were doing.

• I think that girls hate that rule just as much. If she's talking with you I don't see a problem.. Girls spend those three days wondering if you're going to contact them at all, and the anticipation is unnecessary. I think that you're doing just fine

• I don't think there is a set rule as to when to contact but I do think there can be TOO much contact. I understand you were drunk but if you are looking for something long term with this girl I would try not to do it again as it looks immature and not responsible. Although through the contact you did tell her you thought she was cute. I think that is enough contact for now.

Now lt her call you. When she calls you then wait just a few days and call her back so you don't look desperate and that you have a life other then her. Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• Funny... cause I've just got a number and this is the second day. Normally the 3 day rule came naturally to me. This time I had to consciously set myself to wait. I obey the rule. I don't see a reason not to. I can see how it could be annoying or unnecessary to obey the rule but you'll not spoil anything by obeying it next time. The girls that would be OK if you called them the next day won't be angry at you for waiting (at least that is how I see it, feel free to disagree and corerct me, girls).

You however did not spoil anything. You were drunk for one and if you're both at the same page then don't worry. If she isn't creeped out now than you'll be fine.

• Obey the rule dude...

And never tell a woman you are interested early on in your interactions