Why do you watch Jersey Shore?

Jersey Shore has become an obsession. Everyone wants to watch it. What is the reason behind it? I mean yes it's funny, it's entertaining, but really...

I mean those guys are getting paid $20,000 per episode for doing literately NOTHING. And some of us go along with it and watch this.

It's such a degradation and it's downgrading those who watch it.

For GUYS: do you like these girls that are obsessing themsevles with being tan, having heavy makeup on and know no S*** about Italy?

I have part Italian in me, an it really hurts, because these people know nothing of Italy.

Most Helpful Guy

• it would be a better society if people were more obsessed with reading instead of watching garbage television all day

• Very nice answer. Reading is not part of many people's lives and it's pathetic. That's why these shows exist that manipulate the society and says it's fine NOT to read books.

Thank you.

What Guys Said 5

• I agree I am from NJ. Only about 20 min from where they shoot when in NJ. Every time I leave town and mention I am from Jersey they start talking about the show and think NJ is horrible. I hate the idea of watching the show and supporting them. But somehow when I flip through the channels and its on I stop and watch.

• I don't watch it. I don't really know much about it but it sounds stupid to me.

• As stupid as I think Jersey Shore is, I can't really say it's worse than 90% of everything else on television. I basically don't watch much TV anymore.

• I don't watch the Jersey Shore I would rather inhale sawdust

• I don't have a tv...

What Girls Said 8

• I watch it because I love to watch drama and conflict. It's bull that they get 20k per episode, how much you wanna bet the majority of that goes to more hair gel and tanning. >.>

I don't think I've ever heard anyone on that show call themselves the representatives of Italy just because their supposedly italian and like italian stuff, it's the viewers that assume that.

Btw when does season 2 start xD

• like you said its funny and entertaining, When they all think there Italian but really only one is.

there all fake, but totally fun to watch.

• because it's the funniest sh*t ever! they're so trashy it's hilarious.

• i hate jersy shore.. its dumb but I do like the bad girls club its kinda like that show in a way

• its hilarious and entertaining. its like an escape. plus I get style ideas from snooki lmao

• I don't watch it, never watched it. It's a trashy show with even trashy "stars"

• I don't watch jersey shore...

• wth! you don't get why we watch jersey shore...but I don't get how you can say that its funny or entertaining... when you can pretty much walk out your door and see those things happen everyday

we're paying someone to do something we can do ourselves