I don't talk about beauty.

When I talk with a girl that I like her, I never talk about her beauty. Is it a right thing to do or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends, you don't want to smother her, but you do want to make her feel like she's pretty or that you find her attractive. Whatever you do however, do not talk about other girls being pretty or hot in front of her because guaranteed, since she does not hear you talking about her, she will assume that you do not find her pretty or will compare herself to the girls you are talking about. In short, it is not good.

I have been in both situations - a guy called me beautiful alllll the time and it got annoying. Another guy talked about other girls being hot in front of me, which constantly made me feel inferior, insecure and like he didn't find me attractive.

Good luck with this girl!

What Girls Said 10

• In my opinion, I'd much rather prefer a guy to make a compliment on things about my personality rather than my looks. Like saying that I was funny or smart would be a much better compliment to me than saying that I look nice. It would show me that he's more genuinely interested in me as a person and isn't just thinking my appearance.

• Honestly, I would love for a guy to give me compliments about my personality or other more substantial things rather than looks. I always feel a little weird, I can't say "thanks", it's not like I chose to look the way I do, you know? But I think I'm alone, or at least without too many followers, on that one.

• it's not whether it is right or not but it is really sweet and makes us really happy when guys compliment on how we look and stuff. Don't do it too often though.

• Maybe throw in a compliment every once and awhile but not too often. Then it gets weird.

• There are next to zero girls in this world who don't appreciate being told when they look nice or how beautiful they are. If you think she is beautiful, tell her. You don't have to spend a whole evening talking about it but you should always tell people how you feel anyway. Why don't you tell them?

• i love it when my boyfriend gives me compliments and tells me pretty.

i think its a nice way to make girls feel pretty and more confident with their bodys and self. :)

although, just make sure you don't say it allll the time, then it can just get awkard and creepy haha

• You should let her know she is beautiful if you fink she is. Trust me its in a girls mind whether he think I am pretty or not.,

You would light up her word, believe it or not

• Little compliments here and there will just add more brownie points for you & for them to feel more appreciated

• ryt thing to do

• Well it's not wrong but it would be nice for you to give her little complements about her Beauty or things you like about her. It might make her feel like you don't think she's pretty.

What Guys Said 3

• Tell them every once in a while, it seems more magical if you make it rare. Say it all the time and they seem to get annoyed, iritated or they just don't beleive you no more, don't say it at all and they think your wasting their time because you aren't complimenting them.

• I think it's the right thing to do, but I might be alone in that opinion. Firstly, you will actually turn a girl off and push her away if she are constantly talking about how pretty she is. Not only will she feel like you are after her because of her looks, but she will feel shallow about herself. Compliment her on her style of clothes, shoes, music, etc...something she has a choice over.

And second, I hardly compliment people anyway unless I really mean it. So a pretty girl receiving a compliment from me is very unlikely. I'm somewhat cynical of people and I don't trust until they prove that I can trust them. Therefore, a girl needs to earn her compliments rather than me just throwing them out there. This may actually be hurting me but it's just whatever I guess.

• there are enough guys telling a girl she looks good. Unless you have no desire to have any sexual relationship with a girl it's good to avoid telling a girl you think is good looking, if anything you want to tease her about her looks