What kind of style would work for my hair?

So, I have thick, frizzy, curly hair with a dry scalp and I am having a hard time finding a haircut that will tone everything down (if there is a haircut that is like that) Right now my hair is just below shoulder length and I'm planning on growing it out to just above my waist. Is this a good idea? What sort of style would work for my hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like your hair is very dry and wiry.

I have curly hair too and curly hair NEEDS moisture.

I suggest using a shampoo with silicone or silica or something spelled similarly to that. (pantene works good)

And using a de-frizzer with silicone if you straighten your hair sometime and some heat protecting spray (tresemme is a good only and it's only 3-4 dollars for a huge spray bottle of it)

But days that you just want your hair to be natural, I suggest using a good moisturizing leave-in conditioner (like sunsilk, sometime garnier frutise works, but it can just make your hair look like jerry curl o.O)

growing it out long helps to weigh down the hair so it's not as frizzy!

What Guys Said 3

• Making it straight if possible,dat would be perfect..

• Straight hair if my favorite otherwise curly is also great, using lot of moisturised shampoo and don't forget always use conditioner.

• You better keep it contemporary or it will be wacked out.

What Girls Said 3

• I have a similar hair type, and my hair is down to my waist. I would definitely not suggest that you take your hair any shorter because I think the weight of longer hair keeps it from being too floufy. I used to have a really difficult time managing my hair and be really self-conscious about the volume and frizz. I hate using styling products (and find they never work for me anyways,) and straightening is way too much trouble since it's so long and thick, but I've finally figured out the perfect way to make the curl work to its best advantage. I wash my hair, then towel dry it as best I can, and while it's still damp I put it into a sleek bun while it dries overnight. After it has dried and I take it down, it falls in smooth, shiny, loose, natural looking ringlet curls with no tangles.

• My hair is thick and frizzy and it used to be down to my waist. When it's that long there aren't many options for a hair cut. If you can pull off the long layered look I'd say go for that.

• be happy you have thick hair I would like to have it!

maybe try a keratase shampoo I love them after using that you should have a normal scalp and not frizzy, dry hair,...

but I think the best idea is to ask your hairdresser