Do you have any jogging / running tips?

I have always wanted to run! for some reason its just always in my mind. but a few seconds into the run, I can't breath my side starts to hurt and I'm completely exhausted. I've been checked for asthma so I know its nothing of that sort, I'm not in very good shape so I know that does play a part in it. but I'm only 17 and should be able to run farther than that! I was just wondering if I should try some type of breathing technique or something? anything? I really want to runnnn

Most Helpful Guy

• I took up running/jogging regularly this spring. The way I did it was very gradually, I started in the spring and I'm just now running 3-4 miles per run. If you're having trouble breathing, stretch very well before running; take it a bit more slowly, your body isn't used to bolting cold and needs to ease up into a comfortable speed; It might be a thing with exercise-induced athsma (in which case you should see a doctor), before going for a run, have a caffeinated beverage (coffee, coke, mountain dew) this will keep the alveoli in your lungs from getting too restricted and ease breathing.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Hmm, before you start running, do some mild stretching and breathe deeply and slowly like ten times. When you get out, don't go strait into running, walk for a bit, then run a little, then jog.Just vary your speeds and eventually your breathing catches on and it gets easier to run Good luck : ]

• Start walking and then up it to jogging, and then run. I used to not be able to run on the treadmill at the gym (out of shape) but I started walking for a few weeks, then jogged when my songs came on, and now I can run!

• How far can you run without stopping? and how long did it take for you to get up to running that far?

• I really don't know. I don't judge distance, but I know I can go about 7 songs on my iPod lol. It took me a few months

• Haha nice, thank you very much!

• first try to speed walk you should breathe through your nose not with your mouth you will get tired faster - rubz