Why do girls flirt with guys when they have no intention of even giving them a chance?

I have a really good friend that I started really liking as more than that and I told her and she just told me that she could never think about me like that but she continues to do things like intentionally letting me see her in her underwear and just generally flirt with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls are just bitches really. I mean that's honestly the answer. I know tons of girls that have boyfriends but flirt with other guys and hang all over them. They're just empty, shallow girls that are trying to fill a void in their life.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm sorry you have to put up with that. Some girls are wired in a way where they feel like they need to have every guy they know wanting them. I've seen my male friends and brothers go through this, and I can't believe how cruel these girls are. They have a pathological need to be desired, and no concern whatsoever for anyone's feelings except their own. It's awful. I couldn't do that to another person, and most of my friends couldn't either, but there are, unfortunately, tons of women like that. I'm not totally sure what to say to help you with this, except that I think as you get older it becomes easier to identify who is like this and who will actually treat you like a person. At least it's been that way for my brothers, thankfully.

• idk but that bugs me as well.Most girls do it because they want more attention or they like the fact that they can say no to a guy or that a bunch of guys like her

• Well, most females do it simply because they see a male as a really cool person, they legitimately like that person, or do it just because they don't think of it as anything more than a game. If it really bothers you that she flirts with you so much, you should simply tell her.

• Cmon, the underwear thing clearly goes a little further than that. For whatever reason, she's teasing him, and I'd bet she knows she's doing it.

• girls are just natural flirts we don't always mean to do it. but sometimes its just kinda fun to see what the guys will try and do just to maybe get that one chance

• She's teasing you majorly and she thinks it's fun to see how far she can lead you.

I have to admit that I do that. I know I shouldn't but it's fun. There's some sort of payoff that we get. Guys do it too I guess so I'm not going to apologize.

What Guys Said 1

• A) Some are just testing you to see if you've got the social skills to deal with their shit tests.

B) Some do it for validation and ego stroking.

C) Some are in relationships and may be testing the waters before jumping ship.

The list goes on and on I'm afraid. Most of the time though just don't be affected by their games and when they do try to toy with you don't fall into their web. The only way to win that battle is not to fight, so to speak.

• Just thought of another one:

D) She was attracted to you, but then you blew it somehow and now she's not into you anymore.

Again, the list goes on and on.