Why do some less attractive men treat beautiful women badly?

I ask this because I have seen it time and time again. They are lovely at the start of the courtship. Then the guys who aren't on par in the looks department as their partner start putting her down with sly comments. To be honest, I was dating someone who isn't all that attractive and I'm as many have described, 'gorgeous'. He would never tell me am pretty but at the start he would ask 'why are you with me, and I look like sh*t and you look great'. And then after a month, he totally changed and would be cruel to me and treat me like crap. Maybe it's because he'd noticed I was getting feelings for him. But why do these men do this to us women.

Yeah he got me 'whipped' called me d***head and ****...I know crazy right?. I would get mad and warn him that if he does it again I'd be gone, then things would go back to normal then it would happen again. And he ended up leaving MY ass

Most Helpful Guy

• i treat women like sh*t I mean really bad. I wish I didn't but its that they are so stupid. that it bothers me and then I have no choice but to marginlize them when I'm conducting busisness.

or avoid them send faxes when I can call. or e mail. when its a real important call I ask for a male rep. cause I just can't deal with there dopiness. and while I am an extreme case cause I'm very smart and can't have people obstructing me. I think that's the main reason why men treat women like crap. becuase they are so freeking dum. If they where a little smarter. and where less emotional and more intellegent or intellect. it would go a long way to bridge the gap. but they dont. they like that doppiness. they think it makes them cute or they think they can be like that cause there chicks and theyll get a pass. all they do is get treated like crap. cause there's no free passes in the male world. ? amongst men.

• Wow, that's not cool. You shud respect everyone until they give you a very good reason not to. Yes, some women are known to play up the paris hilton ditziness. Whilst others genuinely aren't as intelligent as you, this doesn't mean you should patronise them and treat them any less. Just accept them for who they are despite their intellectual shortcomings. As for me, I am witty, smart and have just completed a degree. This guy I was with obviously knew I was too good for him

• @eze1985 why do you feel the need to attack her intelligence? Curious.

• Is that a joke? Women are so stupid?
      You have failed to spell simple words correctly.
      You have failed to adhere to 1st grade grammar.
      You have essentially failed in every aspect, in the context of explaining your tendency to treat women with such disrespect.
      Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you sound like a low life loser, living a miserable life.

What Guys Said 4

• Here's a second observation... Those are the guys that end up being with beautiful women.

• They say if a girl is really beautiful you should never compliment her looks because that's what ALL other guys do and their so used to hearing it. Sometimes guys will purposely tell a beautiful girl she's ugly or something just to be different and to get a reaction out of her. But sometimes they end up going overboard and just really end up being assholes.

• I don't know who gave a thumbs down on this comment, but it is absolutely true.

• You think this was his way of making ME feel insecure so I would stick around? or do you think he just didn't like me?

• It could be either but most likely the first thing you said. Either way he's a douchebag.

• Well most men start out being a decent man then gets screwed over by a b#$*h. Look at it as a cycle.

• They don't. You're just dating insecure assholes.

What Girls Said 6

• sour grapes. he's bitter bc he's ugly and he's taking out all his past insecurities on you. its a sickness he has. next time never let a guy disrespect you. if he does it once hell do it all the time. 1st time he disrespects u in any way - warn him. 2nd time, leave him without notice. that way you won't be going through all that bullshit

• His ugly ass wanted you to feel like you were ugly and couldn't get anyone but him and when he saw it wasn't going to work his ugly ass left!

• Also if you truly wished you didn't treat women so poorly you would do something about it to change that behavior.

• I need to talk to you. I'm in the same boat message me here.

• I usually get it from people on the Internet. What's funny is most of the time when they call me ugly and I tell them I'm clearly not ( looking at my profile pic ) they almost never continue disagreeing. They are just trying to hurt my feelings, but it doesn't fucking work lol. I have to wonder why they do it.

• This man would always say you know your pretty. I trusted him let him Olin fell in love with him. He knows my family all doctors lawyers the least teachers I was giving him advice from spiritual to phycological so he knew I was born intelligent. He changed started mocking me trying to break my self confidence because he on the other hand was a less attractive guy a person I would never go for based on just looks. He didn't understand that although I was beautiful I didn't feel this way internally. So when he tried the strategy of breaking my confidence he didn't understand I honestly had none. I have been through many things in life and he found me at my weakest. All the sudden he projected on to me what he wishes I was so he can justify treating like shit. He had no remorse and I let myself fall in love with who I thought was a friend. I realized I fell for an insecure fuck who needed to make me feel shifty about my life and myself so he can gain some power or confirm to himself his value. He was smart and educated but he wasn't shit really. He chose to disregard that I was smart human and worth respect... He would belittle and mock my feelings caused me anxiety depression paranoia and heartbreak. Bi stopped feeling comfortable it was my worst fear come true when it comes to romantic situations.

He wasn't smarter than me and he knew if he wasn't better looking and he knew it. He had problems with the woman he grew up with his mother and his sister and became a dude who practiced how to kill a woman's self value and confidence because deep down inside he hated woman and purposely seemed reasons within himself to disrespect them or destroy them. He was insidiously strategic about this. he avoided my qualities in general and thought only what he wanted to think of me because only he felt comfortable with this idea. He messed me up phycologically spiritually and mentally on purpose. I'm smart but I'm human and I didn't think he was capable of being purposely evil but he was.
    I cry sometimes but I cry more because I know he has to try to live with the damage he's capable of causing I cry because I let someone like this in my life and I cry that people like this actually exist. He understood what he was doing he knew my lack of experience he was a so called childhood friend. I didn't see it coming. I admit... If I acted stupid or unsure. It's because him changing caused me so much uncomfortableness I just couldnt be myself around him anymore