Do all guys have this much trouble planning ahead? Why?

My boyfriend is a good guy. Hard worker. But can't seem to plan ahead to save him.

At first I thought he was putting me off when I would ask him to meet or try to plan something and he would say " I don't know where I will be at that time. Let me get back to you". Everything is last minute with him

Now I realize - he really doesn't know. I'm not the only one he says this to.

I am a planner. I have to be or my life would be a mess, but I am still flexible enough to

go with the flow when things ,plans or situations change.

Someone please help me understand this lack of ability to plan thing. I can see it is kind of a personality type thing and would like to understand it better. Maybe someone can explain.

Thanks

What Guys Said 2

• sounds like me, I can barely plan a bathroom break.

• Lol. That's something you really don't want to miss taking!

Thanks for the laugh :)

• I don't know how to explain it any better than that's just his personality. You plan your life, he does not. Everyone has their own style and that's just how they always have (and always will) do things. If this is something that's going to frustrate you in the future you may want to deal with it now and question whether you can spend the rest of your life with someone like this (cause he isn't going to change).

• I agree. It is part of his personality and I did have to ask myself that question. The answer I can up with is if he can live live with my planning things (It's taking him time to get used to that) I can live with his lack of planning. I have ffound the more I understand something the better I can except it. That's why I asked the question above. Before I figured out what was taking place, I thought he was putting me off all the time & it was terribly frustating.

• Now I have an idea of what is taking place,so can deal with it better. I now know it's nothing against me. But would still like to understand it a bit better.

Thanks for your help!

What Girls Said 0