How do I tell this guy to leave me alone?

I met this guy at my friends pool party. he came over to me and asked me: do you wear makeup? do you paint your nails? and if I had a boyfriend, then he asked for my number, I gave it to him. so we chilled for a couple of minutes with my friends and I noticed he's slightly shorter than me (that's a problem because I love to wear high heels) I'm 5'11'. so I invited him to my party and he wouldn't let me dance or go with other people because he kept telling me"your mine" let's go to your room and such" I had to kick him out by the end of the night because he wanted to sleep over, he keeps texting me and calling me and texts asking me to be his girlfriend. how do I stop this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well first I think you should take a deep breath and try to put yourself in his shoes. Really try to understand what his mindset may be like. It sounds like he might be one of those people who act controlling because they are insecure and can't handle facing it. This might help you have a little compassion for what is making him act this way.

Then, if you really want to stop interacting with him, you should talk to him from this mindset. Of course the way he is acting it's easy to be angry or annoyed at him. But instead try to see him as a hurt person who is acting it out and try to be understanding but firm. Tell him you realize it must not feel good to hear this and you don't want to be hurtful, but you don't want to continue. If this doesn't work, then you will have to be firmer with your boundaries. Asserting yourself, without being mean and still being compassionate, is a real skill that takes practice.

Hopefully he will respect your boundaries at that point once he sees you aren't trying go just be mean to him.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• Just tell him you're not interested in being his girlfriend and then ignore him forever. Don't ever respond to anything he may text you even if he's asking why you won't talk to him. He could be one of those guys who thinks as long as he has contact with you he still has a chance, even if it's negative contact. So yeah just be firm and then ignore.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him your interested in someone else or that you're seeing someone. If you want to be more honest, just tell him your not interested in him.