What is the stereotype of a typical Australian?

I was just curious. I mean, do people really think that we have kangaroos hopping around in our backyards? Do people think we live in the outback, live off the BBQ and wear thongs (the shoes) to every occasion?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if a even had a stereotype before I went there, but after visiting there for a few weeks I generally think of Aussies as laid back, fun, polite in a not stuck up way, and generally all around good people. Maybe just a little naive regarding international issues, but that is the only bad thing I could say about them.

What Guys Said 4

• And the lassies are rude and strong over there ;-)

• Aussies are A for awesome.

• lol @ kangaroos hopping around your backyard! I second Xenophobia's answer. Aussies awesome! \m/

• CRIKEY! Lets go to Outback Steakhouse and then wrestle some wild animals.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't, all the australian people I've met seem like everyone else I know except on the other side of the planet. I assume aussies are tough though o.o since it seems like everything in your ecosystem is out to get you.

• No you're all over here in London serving my drinks. I'll have a JD and coke and don't fiddle my change please.

• not gonna lie when I think Australia the first thing I think of is kangaroos then I imitate an Australian accent in my head ha

• tan

bleach blond

hard body

parties a lot

dresses trendy