Motivation to exercise?

I should really go walking or do a sport but I have no motivation to do so. My friends don't want to and my mom doesn't and if I don't have someone with me I have no motivation. Any thoughts on how to motivate myself?

Most Helpful Girl

• watch transformer vids and go on fitnessmagazine.com and look at the weight loss results of other people. also, get in front of the mirror in just your underwear and observe your body. remind yourself that you want to change these problems and that you deserve to make time for yourself to do so. you're worth the effort and so is your health. everyday that slips by is a wasted opportunity to change your life. download some good music on your ipod and get your ass walking asap! lol that's how I started. I've lost about 30 pounds and I actually enjoy my gym time. it's a moment to be alone and focus on myself, catch up on some reading, and sweat because I want to, not because I can't make it up a flight of stairs :) lol

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know of women, but I have to say when I go to youtube and watch some "My Transformation" videos, it can give a boost. Well guys with dramatic change do go on "shit" but is still inspiring.

What Girls Said 4

• You can try joining a gym, so you won't be alone and you'll get to meet new people that would work out with you.

Or you could just try more solitary activities, like yoga or an exercise video.

As long as you find something you enjoy and you remind yourself WHY you want to do it (to have fun, stay in shape, etc), then I don't think you'll be lacking motivation :]

• There's this shirt that I have that is tight and, if I say so myself, looks REALLY good on me. except for the fact that my stomach is pudgy. So I put it somewhere in my room where I can see it often and think about how I need to exercise to fit into it better =P

• If you want to look good in a certain piece of clothing for example a pair of jeans, a bathing suit, for a boyfriend, etc. Mine was I wanted to stop having to stress about how fat I looked all the time! Worked for me

• try out some different to get yourself motivated. there's so many things to do besides walking. kickboxing is really fun and so is swimming. or try hiking. maybe your friends or family will want to do that with you since it's seen more as an activity than a way to work out. if you like it, you'll want to do it more.