Film scenes that really catch you?

Some scenes in films that really pull you on? Y'know, that you'll remember for the rest of your life.

There's loads for me, but one that sticks out is in Velvet Goldmine, when the main character, as a teenager, is watching Brian Slade and Curt Wild on stage, two wild and untamed rock stars, and he jumps up, in a fit of excitement, desperation and rage, and shouts towards his parents, 'That's me, that is! That's me! That's me!'

Its kind of a worrying scene, but like.. I've been there, you know? And holding that mentality.

As well as that, there's a scene in Christiane F, where the main character, now a burnt-out 14 year old junkie-prostitute, crawling around the subway, watching all the dying sparrows like herself, standing around, their eyes black with deprivation and their skin decomposing in their addiction, and she's asking everyone where Babsie is. And she doesn't find her...

Most Helpful Girl

• Taxi Driver - the "You talking to me?" scene. It's just watching a character come out of himself, someone previously so tentative show's this disturbed side to himself.

The Deer Hunter - the russian roulette scene. The tension is just ... wow.

Léon - the scene where Léon opens his door to Matilda and her face is illuminated and she looks kind of angelic. It's such a contrast and at the same time, so in tune with, the rest of the movie.

• Taxi driver changed my life. If I was to list all the profound scenes in movies I like, I would have put the scene where he hires the 12 1/2 year old, and he tries to get her snapped out of the game and all.

What Girls Said 10

• That's one of my favorite scenes in Velvet Goldmine. I'm glad someone else actually knows that movie, haha.

• Haha, me too. What a movie. I didn't get it, the first few times, now I do. I picked up a lot of the language they use, lol.

• I'm going to have to agree, haha. Not this particular movie, but... I don't know if you've ever seen Jesus' Son. I recommend it, it's definitely in my top 3. The quote in my profile is part of one of the main character's many inner monologues. And when I first heard it, I was blown away because I can completely relate to the feeling, and he described it so beautifully. Definitely one of those catching moments, haha.

• I read your thing actually, I thought that was a stunning bit of work. I'll have to watch that movie, definately.... I've a lot of movies to watch, ahahh...

• The thing that really touches me and makes me feel very strongly is the scene in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" where Clementine is crying about being ugly and Joel tells her she's pretty. I don't know why but it really touches me.

• That part in Lord of the Rings where Gandalf says "You shall not pass!"

Epic.

Also the ending of Bridge to Terabithia...it was so ridiculously depressing.

• Lord of the Rings was a stunning trilogy altogether, like. I've never seen Bridge to Terabithia? What was that like?

• Terabithia is essentially about a couple of kids who get together and create their own little world in a nearby forest.

It's a really cute friendship story ^_^ I'd highly recommend you see it.

• Ohhh. I actually saw that advertisedddd. I didn't think it looked good. I'll try and check it out, for sure ^^

• A lot of things from dead like me. George does say some interesting but get real things. A scene that gets me would have to be in Queen of the Damned where Lestat saves Jessie from those vampires at the British vampire secret club. Then he gets a little dark towards Jessie, pushes her against a wall, pricks her thumb and tastes a small drop of her thumb. My god my heart race, if a guy did that to me I would be scared and oddly aroused.

• Niice. I couldn't really read what you were saying because my eyes are f***ed and I can barely see, but I saw stuff about vampires and blood and 'scared and oddly aroused' and it sounds pretty lej

• It's a fun scene.

• A walk to remember with shane west and mandy moore wen she told him not to fall in love w/her then he did then she died ..i cried

• In White Oleander when Renee Zelwegger's character dies. Makes me cry every time.

• The part in My Sister's Keeper where Kate meets Taylor. And also when they sleep together.

• killing scenes do

• can't think of any

• Nude

What Guys Said 6

• Film scenes that I will remember forever. Hmm, I think I'm going to have to be vague and say the entire lengths of the "blade" trilogy and the "Bourne" trilogy just because they are epic movies with proper badass characters.

• Another not movie.

There was a psych episode were he worked with a daredevil named dutch the clutch. Dutch was terminal and didn't tell his family. He also had a life insure policy were his family would get 1.5 mil if he died during a stunt but nothing if he died naturally. So Shawn finds out someone is sabotaging Dutch's stunts trying to get him killed.

Long story short Shawn finds out it was Dutch. trying to leave behind some support for his family. so just as dutch is about to go out for a motorcycle jump Shawn says

"Dutch I always thought you were that stupid kid that shot milk out of his eye. Who didn't care about anyone around him. But I was wrong. you're all about family. Aren't you? It must be so hard. To know you won't be there for your son. But maybe you can leave something behind to help him and your wife.

"I know this is your last stunt for a while. And who knows how long you'll last. So I'm guessing whatever your method is tonight. It's foolproof."

Dutch: "So what are you going to do"

Shawn: "Nothing. You're an adult. You do what you think is best."

But I'll just leave you with this. I've seen what your life is like. I've seen the respect that your crew has for you. Your own son, was willing to hire a person he didn't believe in just to save your life. So you go up to anyone. A fan, your crew, Or your goddamn family. And you ask them. Which would they rather have. 6 more months with you. Or a million bucks. I know what they'd say and so do you. They wouldn't have to think about it for a second.

Dutch: "You're wrong."

He reaches into the bike and pulls something out and tosses it

"I was that kid that shot milk out of his eye. And I was damn good at it."

He rides off and you hear the announcer shout

"HERE HE IS DUTCH THEEEEEEEE CLUUUUUUUUUUTCHHHHHHH. He's approaching the ramp he's in the air. He's wobbling it looks bad he could be falling. OH NO It looks like he's...

HE'S DONE IT DUTCH THE CLUTCH HAS DONE IT AGAIN WHAT A RIDE FOLKS. HE TRULY IS INVINCIBLE.

• velvet goldmine's a cool movie

• wow, I've never heard met someone who's even seen Christiane F. that movie's intenseeee

probably the ending of Wendy & Lucy, because I'm a dog lover...

• Awhhh, your a legend for liking that movie. Its my favorite movie of all time.

I've never seen Wendy and Lucy?

• I can say I "like" it......but it does have pretty rad music on it

• Haha, really? Whyyy not? Yeah, the musics good. The imagery's stunning aswell, if anything.

• dumbo, always brings a tear to my eye

• The end of Inception. Epic.

Also the end of The Professional. When the hit-man hands the cop the grenade pin and then with his dieing breath "Dis...is Fram...Ma...Tilda" BOOM. And then when she's talking to the plant. Very touching.

• also not a movie but when Miranda dies in Halo 3. That was awesome

• Another not movie.

There was a psych episode were he worked with a daredevil named dutch the clutch. Dutch was terminal and didn't tell his family. He also had a life insure polocy were his family would get 1.5 mil if he died during a stunt but nothing if he died naturally. So Shawn finds out someone is sabotaging Dutch's stunts trying to get him killed.

Long story short Shawn finds out it was Dutch. trying to leave behind some support for his family. so just as dutch is about to go out for a