So I'm driving to work today... a nice, crisp fall day in Minneapolis and I'm looking at the kids waiting at the bus stops. It's 40 degrees - not as cold as it can be, true, but cold enough that I have my jacket on.

And these kids are standing outside in shorts, short-sleeved shirts, mini-skirts AND NO EFFING JACKETS.

So, seriously... are you genuinely not cold, or are you trying to prove just how cool you are? (An ironic term this time of year if ever I heard one.)

OK... back to my Metamucil and prunes...

OK... so who changed the title of this question? How was my original title ("The old guy has a question for the Under-18s") offensive? It's not like I'm searching for kiddie p*rn here. Honestly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Growing up in Texas, I would have to admit that our winters aren't as cold as others. But in school they kept the classrooms so warm that it wasn't worth lugging my "coat" around all day. It was easier to suffer the cold for a few minutes than to be warm but burdened with carrying a big old jacket the entire day, only to have to wear it for another 15 minutes waiting for the bus home.

As for the attire - I would have to say I did avoid mini skirts and such when the temperature was lower than 40 degrees (freezing in Texas) unless I was wearing leggings or something.

I don't know why it surprises you that people suffer for style, lol. At least whalebone corsets and pantaloons are no longer considered the height of fashion!

I was lucky enough to ride the wave of grunge - comfortable clothing while still fitting in is my definition of groovy.

What Girls Said 2

• Eh they're just trying to be cool. I'm not a big fan of jackets anyways, I'd rather be freezing then die of warmness

• they were probably trying to dress cute

What Guys Said 3

• It is because they are kids and wear jackets is not considered cool and they give up comfort to be cool at that age.

• Seriously, who cares? I don't even own a jacket. I wear shorts and a T Shirt every day rain or shine. I'm not cold. Still it does annoy me when girls wear their hoe's uniform and sit there shivering or bitching about how cold it is.

• Its usually like, style > practicality, for me, hahaha.

• Yeah, but there are stylish jackets and coats out there, so why not wear those?

• I do... But some people have looks that don't go with jackets and that. Or they don't have one that suits them. So, y'know, they forgo it. Anyway, if your in a miniskirt, there's not much point, hahaha.