Well, we all know that a tan generally makes a woman more attractive...

So I was wondering if it was the same for men. Personally since I recently went on holiday and came back with an awesome tan I've noticed that I've been getting much more attention from the girls my age and to my surprise even older girls are looking my way. So I can guess the answer to this is yes but I just wanted to hear everyone's general perspective. Does a tan make a guy more attractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I do find tan guys more attractive to me. It shows me that they spend time outside rather than sitting inside all day watching the telly or playing video games. Big plus in my book.

• In scotland being outside a lot won't change anything :L only if you're well off and you go on holiday are you likely to get a tan.

What Girls Said 9

• Absolutely. I've always found the swimmers to be the cutest, but not exclusively. There are some exceptions, of course, as it is with any rule.

• No not really. If a person is naturally pale they don't look great with a tan. If the person has an natural olive complexion though, that's another story. Whatever your natural is looks best on you.

• Every heard of the frase talk dark and handsome, well that has some licence however your tan has to look natural, some people just look ugly when they are tan, I'd say don't deliberately go out to get a tan cause it damages your skin.

• Well I like a guy to have a tan but just a tan from workin hard and doin the things he needs to be... there is a big differance in a nice sexy hard working tan and a faggish lookin fake and bake tan lol I perfer to know that a man is hard working

• A tan does make men look better, but if a guy is pale, we are not gonna say no to him just based on that alone. There is a reason the perfect man is called "tall DARK & hansome" lol.

• depends on the guy. a pale guy can be just as hot as a tanned one.

• No. And it doesn't make girls more attractive either. Natural is attractive. Have you seen that Jersey show on E! Network? Jersey Shore guys are butt ugly which is why in season 1 they couldn't get anyone to sleep with them. Now they're famous and have camera crews with them and still have trouble sealing the deal so gtl invalid.

link

• I generally don't care if a guy is tan or not.

• You may not care, BUT does it make him appear more attractive or not?

• Depends on the guy. If he's one with like an athletic build or something, then yes it can. But if he's more of the nerdy cute or emo or something then no he looks better pale.

• yeah a tan does make a guy more attractive

What Guys Said 2

• Personally, I find I get more attention when I'm tanned.

• GTL