What to wear to the gym?

I'm 17 and got myself a gym membership and I'm going to go workout tomorrow. But I've never worked out at a gym before so what should I wear? Baggy t-shirt and capris? Yoga pants and a tank top? or something else? I don't know at all...

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude, gyms are a fashion show xD but just be careful if you are "gifted" in the chest like I am, then tight shirts aren't good unless you want old men staring at you O.o pants doesn't matter, as long as they are comfterable. Shorts, pants capris whatevs. Just no jeans or denim etc. Or pjs, I'd save those for after. Shirts depend on your preferance, you either want a confterable tank or t that's strechy. Baggy is fine but like I said, it depends on how you look in it. You want comfterble running shoes, not converses or vans. Ps wear a sports bra lol and make sure you have a strap for your mp3 or pockets if you plan to bring one and water is a must! OK I'm done lol

What Guys Said 3

• Anything that's comfortable, stays in place, and doesn't interfere with movement. You don't have to look sexy or attractive to hit the gym. Most girls I see at the gym wear sweats/yoga pants and a t-shirt. Just be sure to GET GOOD CROSS TRAINER SHOES! I can NOT stress that enough. Working out can be hard on your feet without proper shoes.

• A gym is not a fashion exhibition so don't ever feel the need to passively compete with other women present by sneaking on some make up or trinkets - in fact, they will be to your detriment during exercise. If you sweat quite profusely, you might want to opt for material that won't weigh you down too much when exercising, so artificial stuff like polyester and nylon.

• Dress comfortably. Remember you're going to the gym to workout. It's not a fashion show. A tank top and yoga pants will do. Wearing workout shorts are good, too.

What Girls Said 5

• Make sure you dress comfortably and with breathable, flexible clothes. Also, wear supportive, shoes. Like tennis shoes. Bring water. Music playing device. Ponytail...

I wear gym shorts and a t shirt. Also, sports bras are nice. :)

Oh, make sure with whatever you wear, there's no chaffing. It's not fun when you fun and your legs chafe.

• Yoga pants, tank top,Running shoes, take a bag & take a little towel to clean your face when it sweats, a water bottle & an mp3 .

• I would say cross trainers rather than runners. The increased lateral support is better when working out.

• I tend to go for cute and practical. I go for sweats/workout spandex pants and a tank.

• I usually wear sweat pants/combats and a t-shirt, sometimes a hoodie aswell

• wear whatever you want. it honestly doesn't matter as long as you don't show up naked.

but usually, I wear yoga pants and a t shirt or tank