Should I color my hair lighter or darker?

I'm tall, size 6-8, and have very fair skin (but not like vampire pale skin) and my hair is like a reddish brownish color now. The closest color I could describe it to miley cyrus when her hair is light and with a bit more of a reddish tone to it.

If I went darker brown I would most likely start tanning so I am not SO pale. Let me know what you all think honestly! I have an appointment to color my hair in only 5 days and don't even know what I'm doing with it yet! help!

Most Helpful Girl

• I would keep your color. it sounds a lot like mine which is brown with a lot of redish tones that you can see in the sun. your hair color is really unique so I wouldn't change it. I got mine color last year a dark brown because I have darker eyebrows, and I just missed my old hair color. I hope this helps :)

What Guys Said 2

• Don't forget to match your eyebrows with whatever colour your hair is. You wouldn't want to go extremely light and have dark eyebrows or the converse and go extremely dark and have light eyebrows. It looks rather out of the place at both extremes in my opinion.

• don't change your hair. it sounds sexy.

What Girls Said 2

• you should include a picture, but since winter is near you should go lighter because youd get pale when winter comes

• i don't know. I can't tell anything from what you wrote. ask your hair stylist for a recommendation