I look angry all the time?

Apparently I look angry all the time in class. Some guy told me that on Thursday. I am never angry, just shy and I think I clench my teeth. Any tips on how to not look so angry? And how to stop clenching my teeth?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know what you mean...people always think of me as serious and always sad looking and I don't know what the heck they're talking about cause I won't be sad and I'm not a serious person! I think it all comes down to being comfortable with yourself. I'm very very VERY shy also and actually have a small case of social anxiety. Sometimes I would sit in class and feel very tense, like everyone was looking at me and I'd get very shy and try to get myself under control by tensing up which you do not do!

You can:

1. think of something pleasant

2. relax and try to be more confident around everyone

3. don't worry what people think, get rid of "what if's"

4. Bring a water bottle to class and drink some whenever you feel yourself getting really shy and maybe if you feel people are looking at you on a day you don't look good. I don't know why, but when I bring my water bottle with me to class and drink some of it, afterward I just feel less tense.

5. Gum! Chew some gum, it will keep your teeth busy from clenching them.

6. Bring a snack to class to take your mind off any nervousness you have.

7. Sit by friends or people who are shy also and you will become comfortable with them and you'll smile more and laugh more with them :)

What Guys Said 6

• people always think I'm mad too, I just don't smile easy for some reason. I'm usually not even mad, just mellow, but everybody else is an idiot, so f*** 'em.

• Try being on gag all day and trolling, it def puts a smile on my face for all day, people ask me why I'm so happy and I tell them its because its my troll face, they can't believe I take so much pleasure pissing people off on here,

good luck

• practice what you look like in the mirror

• i bet you look cute when your doing that!(:

• practice what you do with a friend. Maybe you are squinting or something?

• Go into super relax mode.. Then you can look disinterested and bored instead of angry.

What Girls Said 2

• hmm try looking/being more relaxed,smiling frequently and engaging in conversations with others..

hope that helps :)

• You should try meditation. Accept the issue, and than release it. Learning to relax will help you a lot. Yoga & meditation is the bast for that.