Why is there often one shoe sitting on the side of the road?

Just wondering.

Most Helpful Guy

• i guess someone couldn't avoid the barreling 18 wheeler

What Girls Said 2

• lol no sh*t huh? or a pair of shoes wrapped around a power line?

• I have no clue?!? I've always wondered about that. Like if it's the middle of the road like in the turning lane I'm like WTF did they just throw a shoe out the car!

What Guys Said 3

• More often than not, I see pairs of shoes, tied at the laces, and then hung over electricity lines or high locations that require a ladder of some sort to actually reach. Why people do that? I have absolutely no idea. Maybe its a ritual of some sort to exorcise bad smell.

• i know why the shoe is left behind where the person walking or jogging got beamed up by a UFO and one shoe didn't make it and the ones hanging on the powerline some UFOs have a new guy training at the helm and he didn't control the spacecraft right and the abductee's shoes fell off hahahahahahahah

• Some chick getting railed in the passenger seat of a car while his buddy is driving?