Are you attracted to smart women/girls?

I have always found intelligent, capable, confident women to be very alluring. But some guys seem to prefer bimbo's. Assuming similarity in the looks department, which would you prefer.

And for the girls, how do you try to portray yourselves - do you emphasize things that make you look smart, or do you suppress them in order not to intimidate men?

Most Helpful Girl

• I absolutely, 1000% refuse to dumb myself down to 'attract more guys'. If a guy can't appreciate smart girls, or appreciate my intelligence as being a vital and attractive part of me as a person, he isn't a guy I want. If he's intimidated by my brain, then he's insecure about his own. Everyone is intimidated by something, and no one likes to be made to feel less intelligent than another. So I understand. I've been there too. It's when the insecurity is so strong that women of above average intelligence become unattractive, that bothers me. Like when men prefer to date someone they can't relate with, because their ego is threatened by a women closer to their level.

What Girls Said 1

• I would say just be who you are. Those who are intimidate are just not good or smart enough for you. You're a smart lady, you want to be with someone who is as smart as if not smarter than you, don't you?

What Guys Said 4

• i prefer intelligent women, there's enough dummies in the world, I don't need to be attached with one too.

• I prefer an intelligent capable woman. I'll admit I like rescuing a damsel in distress on occasion, but honestly that gets annoying really fast if she's just constantly too dumb to do anything for herself. And I especially dislike the ones who regularly play dumb just so I'll do things for them. That might work once or twice, but after that it's like "you're a big girl, figure it out yourself".

• I love smart women, even if I completely disagree with their beliefs. But if they're smart enough to back up their ideals with facts, all the power to em.

• intelligent women. I need substance in the conversations.