How do you stop your guy from looking around?

It is a fact that men like to look at women and that is OK I guess. The thing is that on a boys night out I would just feel a lot more confident that after a few drinks that the looking doesn't turn to flirting and then maybe even more?

Does anyone have any good tips to stop a guy from being tempted?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hehe, typical women question. :-) Can you do me a favour and answer me as well? How can I prevent you from taking a look at the other guys or make you stop thinking (everyone does that) about the other guys (even if you would not cheat on your boyfriend)?

Everything is in your head. First you need to trust your boyfriend, if you want to make that relationship worth something and wanna stay in it. Because if the guy want, he will cheat on you. Some applies to girls.

You know what works on me? When my girlfriend is showing me that she loves me, she is doing everything that pleases me (hugs, kisses, SMS, phone calls, internet, good sex, etc..). Then I don't need to cheat on her. Yes, of course I do look on the other women, I do have fantasies how it would be with some other girl, but it ends there.

• Thank you! Yes, it is not that he is looking - girls look too and they fantasise. Everyone tries to hide it but I wouldn't cheat knowing that I have a great guy to come home to who loves me and shows it.

What Guys Said 3

• Honestly, the simple answer is that the more a guy loves and cares for you, the less tempted he'll be.

And of course...if he's an ethical guy, he'll resist even if he is tempted...but the point is that he shouldn't even be tempted in the first place!

I guess it depends upon the guy, but if I'm in love with a woman, I don't usually feel the need to fantasize about other women. Even if I see beautiful women all day. I'm not going to say it's impossible for me to get tempted. No one is perfect. Certainly, if I were away from the woman I loved for such a long period of time that I started to get lonely, that might increase the temptation. But in general, there isn't that much temptation and I'm certainly not going to forget how I feel about you, after just being away from you for one night.

It doesn't matter how much I've had to drink either, because drinking only affects the mind, not the heart. If the heart is tempted, then with enough alcohol, the mind might give in. But otherwise, it doesn't matter if I'm drunk or sober. That's not going to change how I feel about you. And looking at another pretty gal isn't going to change it either, because I don't feel the same way about her.

But as I said, everyone is different. Some people get tempted easier than others, and that doesn't mean you can't still have a strong healthy relationship. I think it's important to be open and talk about temptation, not just what specific actions would constitute "cheating", but more importantly how you feel. If just seeing someone makes you fantasize about them, then you should be able to say so without judgment, because whatever those feeling and temptations are, you have them. They don't just go away because you try to hide them.

Being overly judgmental or trying to live up to invisible standards will hurt your relationship more than if your both just honest about your imperfections. And the way I look at it, the more open you are about what those imperfections are, the less significant they'll be. But maybe I'm an idealist.

• Gouge out his eyes with a grapefruit spoon. You might have to tie him down first so he doesn't get away. Its human nature sweetie, and looking isn't a crime.

• Haha!! I think if I can tie him down I won't need to pluck his eyes!! Nope, I am not worried about the LOOKING. I also look. But it's the progression of one thing led to another. Men are more prone to act on visual temptation whereas women on emotionl temptation. Anyways, had I not already selected a best answer, years would have been it ;-)

• You don't. Temptation is just part of life. You need to just trust that he won't fall into that temptation. The alternative is to just not get into relationships.

• That's not such a hot alternative! We are destined to be in relationships!! But you make a good point on trust.

What Girls Said 5

• If your partner is going to stray, they're going to stray. There's nothing you can do about it short of locking them up and never letting them leave your sight.

If you can't trust your partner, why are you with them? What is a relationship without trust?

Instead of worrying about your partner "flirting and then maybe even more", try working on your insecurity issues.

• It's normal to be a little jealous about this, but don't get to the point where it gets out of hand.

If you tell someone not to do something, they're going to -- that's psychology for ya. So make it "okay", let him look, even comment and say, "Wow that's a nice piece of ass right there. What do you think?" This makes you seem confident and that you trust him.

• Thanks, I like this one. Have tried it and the boy seems to prefer it to be OK to look.

• It sounds like you don't completely trust your guy. That can be detrimental to your relationship. You need to look into this problem before it become something worse (it usually always does become worse too).

• poke his eyes out?

• The only way to stop a guy from looking is by poking his eyes out. Men are visual, they like to look, it doesn't mean that they will cheat.