Dictatorships are the way forward, not democracy.

Think about it, in every democratic country all you hear about is someone "great" being elected that will change everything. Then a few months into their term and the general public loathe them. Whereas in dictatorships the peons all just shut up and tale their rightful place, no complaints what so ever.

By this logic dictatorships are the way forward surely!

please note this was intended to be a satarical comment relating to the pish-posh nature surrounding democracy and the sharade of control in dictatorships.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dictatorships are by far the most efficient form of government, you are the leader, you decide something needs to be done, it gets done. With a benevolent dictator, it is probably the best type of government there is, however there is no way to guarantee that a good dictator will stay good, or that one who comes later won't ruin everything. Overall I'd say the chance of having a good dictator isn't worth the risk of having a horrible one take over. I'll take democracy any day of the week, as Churchill said, "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the other ones."

What Girls Said 1

• Okay..this is lame.

All I have to say to this look up Adolf Hitler and Robert Mugabe. Yep, dictatorships are DEFINITLY the way to go based on those* two guys. (sarcasm)

What Guys Said 4

• I agree with you but I disagree with your argument,

I believe that ordinary people should have no say in the government.

My reasoning is this, would you let an average person off the street perform brain surgery on you?

So why would you let a ordinary person off the street make a important decision like whether to raise or lower interest rates that could effect the entire countries rate of economic growth?

My ideal government would be only people with economic degrees can vote for say the chairman for the federal reserve bank. Only people with science degrees can vote for the secretary of energy etc...

• You can move to North Korea, see how great it is to have a voiceless society.

• I guess you don't value freedom much do you?

• This is assuming I would be the dictator, but if it weren't me than we'd be in a real pickle.