Can a guy use girl products?

When I go to a store a usually see see products like hair dye and body wax with girls on them. I look through the aisles but I notice theirs no pics for guys. I'm just wondering can a guy buy girls hair dye without it looking to awkward?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see anything wrong with it. There are hair dyes for men though. Not sure about body wax, but as KERMIT said, they might be less effective on men's coarser hair.

I don't think I'd really think anything of a guy buying this stuff.. I'd probably assume he was buying it for his girlfriend or something. On the other hand, if you're embarrassed to buy it, go to a place like Walmart that has a self-checkout.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, of course they can!

• Yeah just say you're buying it for your gf.

• yes they can

• sure, they'll probably think you're buying it for y ou are gf

What Guys Said 3

• As far as external products go, there's no real reason a man couldn't use something like women's hair dye or wax, etc. It's all just marketing basically. Like these men's body washes. Chemically their usually identical for both genders. The only difference is the women's stuff smells flowery and comes in a pastel colored container (because that's what women like), and the men's stuff smells like some sort of spice and comes in a dark colored container (because that's what men like). It's all just a bunch of marketing crap. Read the ingredients on the box and buy based on that.

• just use the age old excuse; "its for my girlfriend/wife"

• Hair dyes are fine. Wax products might be a problem because male hair tends to be coarser due to years of cutting (face and maybe groin region). Antiperspirants I wouldn't recommend because they don't seem to work as well.

• Actually it's just testosterone that makes male body hair coarser, and also more deeply rooted than that of women. There's no scientific evidence to show that shaving has any effect on the hair. And if you think about it, women should have much hairier legs than men if years of shaving made made hair thicker and coarser.