My man never calls me pretty or beautiful, but says other girls are =(

i have seen a few questions similar to mine right now, but I still would like to ask it. my boyfriend and I have been together for a few years. but he doesn't call me pretty, beautiful, sexy, nothing anymore. the only time he says something nice about my looks is if I'm dressed all slutty for him at home, THEN he will say "wow you look hot, you made me hard" but other than that not a word. he has no problem saying how hot women on TV are, or sexy, sometimes says they are beautiful. Even if I am better looking than the woman he will say it, and nothing to me. he will tell friends they are pretty,or say they look so hot. a friend of his posted a picture on her facebook of her in a towel and he posted "wow you look great! take off the towel!" but when I post pretty or sexy pix, he doesn't even comment on them or notice. it's like I'm not good enough anymore. I really deep down inside think I am an extremely attractive girl, but lately my confidence has been fading away. because, if the man I love can't even tell me I'm beautiful then I must not be...

what should I do? I know it sounds pathetic but I am becoming very depressed over this. (I have been diagnosed with depression and I feel even worse now)

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel bad for you, I mention other hot girls to my wife when I see them but I compliment her everyday and tell her she is the perfect girl for me, sexiest body I can imagine, perfect shape and size, etc. M aybe he wants you to feel insecure because he feels your too good for him?

What Guys Said 2

• talk to him about it, it would be the best, fastest way to let him know. I know girls like to drop hints but us guys can be blind to them. Also you said that you've been in a relationship for a while now, maybe he thinks that alone is proof, he chosen you and keeps choosing you everyday, he may say other girls are beautiful but at the end of the day he's coming home to you. Finally in a worse case scenario maybe he's telling you that other girls are hot so you'll change to be more like them, I would say that if that's the case just dump him then.

• How have his actions been recently? Has he still taken you on nice dates? Remembered your anniversary? Done something romantic?

More importantly do you think he has a p*rn addiction?

Just some things to think about.

• He doesn't watch p*rn....and we haven't gone out as much lately because he got laid off his job and got a dui last month. nothing really romantic no...

What Girls Said 1

• He's a d***, leave him.