How can I get into my first relationship?

I'm a 20 year old guy and I've never been in a relationship before. I'm quite shy. What can I do to get a girlfriend?

What Girls Said 1

• There's no steps to getting a girlfriend, you just have to meet the right girl and things go from there. The best thing that you should do right now is to put yourself out there more. Go to places that interest you (certain clubs, specialty classes, meetings, etc.) because those places will have a guaranteed higher rate of girls with the same interest as you. You have to remember that relationships don't happen over night and just because you're looking doesn't mean it'll come to you. Usually things like that happen when you least expect them to.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't be in a rush, I was older than you by the time I had my first true Girlfriend, and near my mid 20s by the time I had my first girlfriend that lasted more than a year, so don't sweat it.