Looks or Personality - which is more important to you?

Looks or Personality, which is more important to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the situation. If I meet a girl in a bar or nightclub and don't have the intention of getting a relationship out of it, then looks. It's only a short-term thing and I won't be spending my life with this girl, so personality won't really matter all that much.

If it's the opposite and I'm looking for a long term relationship with a girl, then personality is most important. Looks will only get you so far into a relationship, and you won't last long if you have the personality of a wooden gate.

What Guys Said 11

• It's funny when you ask this question to someone. They generally give you the answer that you want to hear, but not what they really think. I've heard that personality is king, but then the same people that say that, always chase after the runway model; in all fairness, it happens moreso with the males than the females, but it still happens.

I suppose the real answer lies in where you stand in the "relationship" time wise. If it's at the start of the relationship, then it's definitely going to be looks, no doubt about it. People will lie through their teeth to say otherwise, but we all know that looks really do count in the beginning. How often does the single geekish male / female, get picked over the chiseled jaw jock / model in the making feminine?

But after time, the familiarity of the look, will start to bore you, and it's the substance, rather than the style that counts. This is where the personality kicks in, in relation to importance in a relationship. You can only look, and admire something for so long, when you're trying to have an educated / fun conversation; if there's no personality, might as well talk to a rose; just as elegant and beautiful, and you'll probably get the same conversation out of it too... =D

Though some people will grin and bear it, for the sake of having one, rather than none.

• an honest answer..

i'm sure even the girls won't disagree.

Looks matter to girls much more than they like to admit, cos when they talk about personality, there is an assumption they make that the guy is automatically good looking!

• looks obviously matter to some extent depending on the person. for me personality goes further tho.

• Both. Without one of them it won't go anywhere.

It's impossible to tolerate cheating, bitchyness, constant accusations and so on, but..

By all honesty I couldn't be with a girl which I don't find beautiful and sexy, no matter about her personality, I couldn't.

If I would follow the mainstream thought: ''character over looks" seriously I would be lying then.

Having both of those parts ain't that hard really, but never neglect any of them.

• I think for me looks at first because that is your first option. Once you meet her and you are satisfied with her looks/style. Guys then look for personality and how outgoing she is. Never be afraid to say what you mean to guys. It actually helps us see where you are coming from. Make sure you state that you want him to do the same.

• Personality long term but when we first see you then looks

• I'll take both looks draw you to the lady but the personality is what keeps us hooked.

• Both. I have to be attracted to her but after that it's personality. Also, a lot of girls I've met who claim that guys don't like girls with good personalities have the personality of a rabid badger.

• I would say looks for short term and personality for long term.

• Personality for sure. Looks is just a bonus, looks is what initially attracts you to someone. But if their rude or full of themselves why bother even being with them.

• NEITHER... It's about someone who takes your breath away...

• Personality. Looks are way way too important these days. People seem to forget that we will all eventually age, especially women. Men age like wine, women age like milk.

What Girls Said 2

• Personality is more important to me,but I gotta be attracted to them!

• Why can't they equally be important.