What's more valued in a relationship, Looks or Personality?

I am curious in general and would like to hear from both genders. However, I would appreciate input on a related subject as well. A friend of mine that I have known for a scant amount of time told me that she loves me recently. I am torn because I do not find her attractive physically ,but I am drawn to her personality and character. I believe that for a relationship to work, both elements have to be present. I'm lost.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you can't force yourself to like her. You seem to just really like her as a friend. So you need to either tell her that you don't feel the same way (EXTREMELY NICE) Or you just don't make any moves or don't do any flirty things with her that may make her think that you like her back. Tricky situation, I'm not quite sure what you should do. Play it by ear. But for the first question, I think personality is more important than looks, but looks usually get the ball rolling. If they are average looking and have a great personality, you will begin to think that he is cute. So they both are needed to have a relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• i do agree both should be present but when it comes down to it would you rather have a goregous girlfriend with a terrible personallty or a girlfriend who's not that attractive but has the best personalty. it's ur decision, & I hope you make the best one for u. good luck & I hope I helped.

What Guys Said 1

• I agree. I really do think for a relationship to work you have to see the person in a good light both physically and mentally, otherwise it just doesn't work.

But in the end, it's personality that keeps a relationship working.