Why do girls like makeup?

seriously it doesn't make you look pretty at all, earings too is just weird, fake nails, nail varnish is just not flattering

Most Helpful Girl

• i know right?! its so annoying especially when they pack the make up on. I don't wear make up, it just seems like so much work! (im not lazy, I'm just comfortable in my own skin) I wear toe-nail polish but I paint them myself and do it differently than everyone else, I think it adds a bit of personality!:)

What Girls Said 19

• Nail varnish? It strengthens your nails and it just adds a little bit of decoration and color. I like it. I think all this stuff is alright as long as you don't overdo it. It takes me like ten minutes to do my makeup everyday, but at least I look presentable. I hate it when girls have necks a difference color than their face because they're wearing so much makeup, bleh. And the raccoon eyes. Also gross.

• personally I wish I didn't have to... I have acne so makeup is a must. usually I will just wear mascara along with face makeup. but I don't do all that other stuff, I don't know I think its pretty on other girl but I will put all on and take it off and hour later cause its just not me lol. I play piano so I do not have long nails and I hate nail polish, I like earrings for special occasions I'm to lazy to put them on everyday.

• it makes them feel prettier and therefore more confident. it's not meant to be caked on like lots of girls do but used to enhance the natural features. errrghh I hate fake nails too though! but earrings why not? and I used nail varnish to strengthen my nails otherwise they're pretty brittle and because its funnn :)

• earings are tacky, it doesn't enhance any features, if girls are going to wear make up then let it be makeup that you can hardly see rather than noticable make up

• idk about earrings cause I don't have mine pierced, I think earrings are a waste of time haha...but I can tell you, the only reason I wear makeup is because its fun. I love to buy fun colors and experiment. its fun! :D ...fake nails are gross. :)

• We just try to please the masses. Personally, I like aguy like you. Based on your question, any girl would be lucky to have you becasue you don't need all that fake visual stuff to keep you happy. Another reason is that all girls like this stuff; if we don't do it for a guy, we do it because it is fun. =)

• If I ever wear make-up, its just for fun...I never wear make-up out (willingly) because I like how I look. I don't like my nails done cause it draws too much attention to my hands (my hands are deformed).

• It helps some girls self esteem.

You guys seem to think every woman looks like Megan Fox without make-up and that isn't the case.Most guys DO go for cake faces with fake nail,extensions etc

• ur face is just not flattering :P HA lol ever heard of personal expression? people are gonna where makeup whether you like it or not

• well nails and earings are accessories..but I like makeup bkus it makes me look prettier I guess but not to much cause then I jst look like a clown

• A select few can pull off the hippie, all natural look and still look good. Most people can't do that, though. I now a girl who is extra hippie and she just looks cool, but I don't think most people can pull it off like her.

• im pretty creative and I love eyeshadow.. I love to 'decorate' my eyes I guess you could say.. I love giving make overs and id love to be a makeup artist some day

earings and fake nails are cute but I don't go there often

• some men like...and most of girls too. (now you know why)

• Because it makes us look better

• yes. it "enhances our beauty" :) so to speak

• It alters the beauty created by Nature.

People love to screw up what's already well-done when they "think" they know what they are doing. :P

• to each their own. and I have to disagree that it does not make us look pretty at all. there are some girls who can pull of that natural beauty look, but many need just a little touch up here or there. as to earrings, they add to our outfit, and us girls love to look devine from head to toe. I do agree with you on the fake nails though, yuck

• Any girl can pull off that "natural beauty" look.

They just have to -not apply any makeup to their face- GASP

• sureee. I've only seen a couple girls that I thought were beautiful without makeup

• honestly you seem like the type of guy who likes boring plain jane looking women. no earrings, no manicures, no makeup, just no type of adornment at all. and that's fine, you like what you like. but most women prefer a little glam so that's why we do it. we're obviously not trying to please the guy who wants his woman to look like this: link we do it for ourselves because we like how we look with it.

• I do my makeup for myself. I look prettier with it.

And I get my nails done just for that too - myself. I feel sexier with fake nails on.

I don't have my ears pierced.

Good luck.

• it adds personality and dimension, something new to the eye, doesn't make you look bland or boring, if wore the right way, in the sense where you ENHANCE your natural beauty.

you should get used to it, because even though it looks like a girl isn't wearing makeup and she's all natural, she probably is wearing something, like at least eyeliner and mascara to keep your eyes bold and looking neat. Lipgloss is also nice to add some color to the lips and moisturizes them as well.

all models, celebs wear makeup, your mom your sisters do, its part of being a girl, its a girly thing and we love it.

it makes us feel special and brings out certain features on our face. Every bride wears makeup to look memorable and stand out, girls wear makeup on their prom and special events...its nothing new...

it only becomes a problem when some girls (minority) overdo it like slap on anything they can. But the every day girl wears simple stuff like eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss. I don't see a problem in that.

• its annoying to put on make-up so I don't lol and its such a hassle with the nail thing it takes forever so I don't ever really do that lol yeah and you have a point

What Guys Said 0