How much makeup should a girl wear to work?

i know that guys don't really like makeup on girls but don't we kinda have to wear makeup to go to work? I just got hired (ima very excited lol) at a coffee bar and for that setting what is pretty but appropriate makeup? I do have acne and redness so I will have to wear foundation like it or not :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how many hours a day you'll be working. I used to get up every morning and do my makeup to go to work, but I was working 11 hour days.. and after going to the bathroom mid day I realized my make up looked like sh*t, but I didn't have time to fix it. Then I just stopped wearing it altogether, and if I wore anything, I would simply wear eyeliner. Best advice is to keep it as light as possible.

What Guys Said 6

• If there is a way you can use very natural makeup, that would be best.

• Foundation and chapstick is plenty.

But if you feel like you need cover up and lightening sticks, use em only in spots to reduce discoloration.

Don't use blush, eye shadow/liner, mascara, lip liner, lipstick, etc.

go for as natural of a look as you can.

• Don't wear too much. I knew some girls back in high school that looked like a different race on the days they decided not to wear make up.

• only a little, like to hide the acne and redness, and mascara or that thing you put on your eyes is nice also..

(though I think you'll still look cute with acne & redness) hehehe :)

Good Luck!

hopefully I will get a job soon

Wish Me Luck

• i do wish you luck! getting a job nowadays is tough, I got this job because my dad is a manager in the store I will be working in and he asked if I could apply. I was very luckyyy! thanks for your imput on the question :)

• WOW THIS GIRLS CUTE!

• For a girl like you, less is more. If you were a little it says you're trying to do a good job and look great at work but if its not overdone it also says you have confidence with who you are (much more attractive than tons of make up)

What Girls Said 8

• You can just use mascara and lipgloss as a bare minimum. As for foundation, if you want it do be light, just mix it with moisturizer. You'll still get coverage but it won't look heavy. Whenever I go get coffee I see a wide range of makeup. Some girls have zero makeup on, while others have eyeliner, blush, etc. I think you can wear whatever kind of makeup, just not to the point where it looks like you have a mask on.. that's not attractive for any place lol

• Not much - NO eye shadow - only maybe powder if you wear it and lipstick of course - go for the natural make up look - nothing heavy - maybe even no mascara -- definetely wwear the foundation if it is a must - just no blush, eye shadow etc - that is more for at night..

Good luck with the new job!

• you can do a little natural pink in the eye area and some eyeliner if you really want to wear make up but other than that for that type of setting..solo (wit the exception of foundation ) is best

• I'd say keep it natural looking.

Wear the foundation you need, and just a bit of mascara to open up your eyes. Taa-daah.

• i think you sound go for the clean look, keep everything really toned down

so concealer, foundation mascara, lipstick that's really really close to your natural shade (so you have a little color, but nothing too much)

no eyeshadow, no blush, no bronzer, etc

• Guys don't dislike makeup, don't listen to that bull. What guy is gonna look at a decently attractive girl (that looks normal and doesn't have it caked on) and be turned off because she wears makeup? if he does he's nitpicky and probably half gay lmao...wear whatever makes you look polished and professional. foundation..maybe concealer, powder, eye makeup, blush and lipgloss/stick.

• it's sad you think you need to look pretty to work. just keep the makeup to a minimum

• Enough to make you pretty but not look like a prostitute.