Tongue Piercing?

i am thinking about getting my tongue pierced. I just want to know how the whole getting it pierced and the after process is. like pain, eating and all that stuff.

-if you have yours pierced, please fill me in:]

Most Helpful Guy

• The Pain in the beginning isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be

the needle slide right through like nothing

it'll make you abit dizzy and light headed

it will swell up and will bug you a little bit but no excruciating pain.

and I recommend not eating solid foods

mostly slushies and stuff like that

No dairy!

it will start to smell horrible if you have dairy within the first month. Not good.

I've had to re pierce my tongue 2 times cz it kept closing up

so try not to take it out for atleaast a month

and after that don't leave it out for too long cz it will close up

good luck and have fun with it! haha

I get alotta comments on it

and its pretty sexy on girlsso I'm sure you will

What Guys Said 3

• yeah it really isn't painful, but my tongue swelled a lot! you have to learn to chew all over again especially french fries! they were the worst!

Remember after you had it in long enough to take it out and clean often! it collects food and bacteria.

Remember to brush your tongue! People will notice your tongue more and I have seen a lot of dirty tongues!

Don't break your teeth! I was in highschool when I had mine and I ended up chipping my tooth on it.

Have consideration for other people. The can here you clacking it against your teeth.

I eventually took mine out because I got tired of it.

• You took your tongue piercing out... UGH.. now I'm not talking to you anymore..LOL

Thats gross tho.. I was thinking about getting that done too.. but now.. NOTSOBAD has turned me OFF to getting it done!

• i just got mine done 3 days ago and I like it...when getting it done I was not numbed or anything and the needle went through just fine. afterwards is a little more of a pain in the ass because your tongue will probably swell up and it can be hard to say certain words...you have to learn to manouver food around it but I have figured it out and the swelling is almost gone...

• as a guy I find this piercing really sexy on a girl so I say go for it , maybe you allready got it done anyways

What Girls Said 7

• i got mine done when I was 15 it didn't hurt me getting it done but I don't really feel pain like I've 3 tattoos and they didn't hurt at all. eating well I couldn't eat for 2weeks the 1st week I ouldnt eat at all the 2nd I could only eat soup I lost like a bit weight from it which was good lol, but it chipped a tooth not badly thank god but after that I thought nope I'm taking it out and so I did

• Lol I did the same thing! I chipped a molar! thank god it didn't go to the nerve!!!!

• I got mine pierced when I was like 13 or 14 idk. But I did it on the day I went to camp so that it would have a healing process, so my mom wouldn't know. Omg! it got infected, and really soar, so I didn't eat for like 1 week! But I do remember a really hot nurse who removed it, lol.

Pain, it really didn't hurt me at all, but that was me, two of my boyfriend at the time did it that day too, and one cried, it all depends on how you take the pain, they do numb it though. It's hard to eat the foods you want but hey you can eat lots of ice cream, I guarantee you'll feel sick of it in a week. I never looked into getting it done again, cause it wasn't thing I really wantd, but hey if you want it, then go for it!

• i don't know, but I really want to get mine done! everyone I talk to on here doesn't think its a good thing. but everyone I hang out with is all for it! so I hope I like it.just waiting to get out of my dad's house so he doesn't kick me out when he sees it lol

• I got mine done its cool most people don't notice it unless theyre in your face

• just be careful--like tattoos, people tend to judge you by such things--be aware people may make assumptions about your character, true or not,if you get one. If you don't care, go for it, but make sure your folks know and can accept it!

• Yeah., like people know I'm not a slut or whatever,

but I personally think its so cute. and I don't care what people think.

because I know who/how I am.:] and yeah I'm going to have to wait till I turn 18.

and by then my mom will hopefully like it, ha(:

• i just got mine done about three weeks ago the place I went to didn't use clamps so that was pretty interesting. just make sure you check the place out before you go to make sure its clean and what not. also it depends on your pain tolerance mine didn't hurt much afterwards and I ate regular food the next day just keep ice in your mouth it should be fine. and make sure you rinse your mouth with bottled water after you eat to get out the residue and of course no mouthwash with alcohol it will dry your piercing out oh and id recommend getting a new toothbrush just to be sure not to make it infected

• Okay well a mistake I did which you should do was my friend did it for me. We got numbing cdream and poked a needle through my tongue. It was the most painful shit I have ever gone through. My mouth was swolen for about 2weeks but now I'm lovingit specialy when you make out it feels good.

so if ur gonna do it go with a profecional

• I got it done about six months ago b/c i suddenly got the urge. It did not hurt and really the healing went smoothly. You don't feel like eating for several days though -- problematic for me because I am arguably too thin. And you talk weird for a while. It is a MUST that you quickly learn not to hit your teeth with the piercing though -- it can easily crack them.